Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just a long shot but worth a try. I have a boxer 2014 and everytime it rains or is damp overnight when i start the van the next morning there is a clattering sound coming from the left of the engine near all the belts and pullys.
On further investigation it appears rain is getting under the bonnet somehow and running off the plastic engine cover down the left side of the engine. It only does it when wet and stops after a couple of minutes but it sounds pretty awful.
Has anyone else experienced this? thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tht does sound a little worrying as it's difficult to imagine why a little rain water would cause a clattering noise. As this is obviously the timng belt area I wouldn't take any chances but get the timing belt and pulleys checked out ASAP - I wrecked an engine lasy year through ignoring clattering noises which turned out to be a failed timing belt tensioning pulley.

Back to the water ingress - I owned a 2003 Boxer where the ducting taking water from the grill on the bonnet had come slightly apart allowing water to run behing the sound insulation. Not quite the same problem but yours might be similar issue.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Similar problem with 807's led to timing belt failiure because the water froze in cold weather. Peugeot issued a 'fix' which consisted of a plastic tray clipped beneath the header tank with the outlet dripping clear of the timing belt. The real problem was poor design of the trim and seal across the base of the windscreen.
Suggest you get the van to the dealer as you can't be the first with the problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts