Peugeot Forums banner

Water in passenger footwell - 2004 307 SE

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  JordanMilne 
#1 ·
Hello there,

I have a small issue with my Peugeot 307 SE

The issue is after each downpour, I get a fair amount of water in passenger side footwell, It seems to accumulate under the passenger side matting. I have since removed the passenger matt to hope it dries, but it soon appears when it rains again. I would like to fix this so the floor doesn't rot away.

They say that "the drain"- going from the windshield to the back of the front tire must be clogged somewhere and it is the most plausible cause, I have removed the front casing to find these clear.
It is NOT the A/C, it is NOT the door rubber, it is NOT the coolant. It only happens in the rain.

Also: it is NOT that plastic-rubbery thing at the base of the wiper- they say it should stick flat to the glass, but in my case it does not (it yawns out just less then a millimeter), and have been like that for two years without a problem.

Since I would hate to see my car turning to rust and as I cannot afford the body shop, does anyone know how and where to clean the clogging?? Or if there is drain pipe or whatever it is down there broken or dislodged, how to locate and fix it?

Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Does it have a sun roof if so check the drain other than that check the door seal. Worst case sprinkle talk around the footwell and hose the car down and then look for tracks.

There have also been people who have had leaks from a poorly fitted replacement windscreen

#4 ·
The BSI is located on the left side below the windscreen and if you get water on that it is really serious.
I would suggest laying a piece of kitchen roll across the top of it to see if it gets wet next time it rains.
If it does this indicates that the leak is probably from the windscreen. If not, it is lower down. Possably a door seal.

#7 ·
I take it the drain holes in the sills are clear & allowing water to flow out?

If the sill fills up with water due to the sill drain holes being blocked, the water will then find its way in to the passenger compartment.

I have seen Peugeot vehicles of this era with blocked sill drains due to poorly applied factory undercoated.

#9 ·
This might help:

#15 ·
An Update,

I have taken the door apart and the water was running in from where the inside foam has previously been removed ( before I had the car ).

I have temporarily fixed this my adding duct-tape to the bottom of the foam. I am now looking to replace the bottom window seals as the rear ones are starting to fall apart.

Many thanks to everyone for their help.

Kindest Regards,
Jordan Milne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.