Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Yesterday when I went to start my car it started for about a second and died flagging this error on the dash. I left it 5 and it started again and ran fine. I know where the fuel filter is located and know I need to drain the water. My question is after I have done this do I need to prime the system again using the primer bulb or? Also I'm not sure when the filter was last changed so should I just do that whilst at it? Would a halford one be OK? Or just stay clear? Do I have to change the rubber seal also or can it be used again?

It has done this once or twice before and shows a little jar like thing half filled on the display.

Thanks for any help

Thomas

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You shouldn't need to prime it after draining the water but you would need to if you change the filter. New seals should come with the new filter. A Halford's one will be fine, I've always found their parts are good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got sorted and all earlier whilst I still had light on my side. Drained only a small bubble o water in bottom of container I used. Car springs to life now tho. Good job all round.

Thanks. I will go pick up a new filter tomorrow and fit, will know its done then.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts