Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 307 HDI 110 Sport and have water in the spare tyre well in the boot.
I have tried spraying water on the hatch, re-undersealed the weld across the lower rear of the boot and resealed both rear light clusters but water still comes in!

On closer examination it seems the water is coming down the vertical grooves (about 2cm wide) on the rear boot across the back of the car from inside the "double skin". The rear boot has two vent flaps which have a white gasket between the inner and outer skin and I can see water around the seal.
Has anyone had this problem and can advise on possible causes?

I cannot leave it as I get 2 large cupfuls of water in a day and do not want to drill a hole under the spare tyre!

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,
I have a 307 HDI 110 Sport and have water in the spare tyre well in the boot.
I have tried spraying water on the hatch, re-undersealed the weld across the lower rear of the boot and resealed both rear light clusters but water still comes in!

On closer examination it seems the water is coming down the vertical grooves (about 2cm wide) on the rear boot across the back of the car from inside the "double skin". The rear boot has two vent flaps which have a white gasket between the inner and outer skin and I can see water around the seal.
Has anyone had this problem and can advise on possible causes?

I cannot leave it as I get 2 large cupfuls of water in a day and do not want to drill a hole under the spare tyre!

Thanks
I had this problem last year and found the water had been working it's way into the boot floor via the left hand tailight cluster.
After removing the boot liner (just pull it back away from the tailight housing) and removed two nuts holding the cluster to body and yes, I could see traces of where the water was getting in.
Cleaned up the area and used some silicon sealer in a bead all round the mounting
and replaced....end of problem ;o))

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the same problem on a Subaru Legacy. You could not see any sign of where the water was leaking in but I removed the light clusters and silicone sealed them back in and it cured the problem.

Even if this is not where your problem lies it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had the same problem on a Subaru Legacy. You could not see any sign of where the water was leaking in but I removed the light clusters and silicone sealed them back in and it cured the problem.

Even if this is not where your problem lies it is worth a shot.
It seems to be an ever increasing problem with modern cars as they are all built
in the same manner these days....especially with having to remove the light housing
to change bulbs....the ones that have yet to go LED ;o]

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He mentioned in his original post that he had removed the light clusters and resealed them and the water still gets in so I doubt it is that!
Gibbo good link and well investigated and hopefully successful fix as you did not report back if it still leaked!

·
Registered
155 Posts
He mentioned in his original post that he had removed the light clusters and resealed them and the water still gets in so I doubt it is that!
Gibbo good link and well investigated and hopefully successful fix as you did not report back if it still leaked!
I think Gibbo's thread will be the way to go with this.
There doesn't seem to be any other way for the water to get in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gibbo,
Thanks for your article.
Update
Double checked and made temporary gutter inside rear of boot - found water coming mainly from nearside but was a problem on offside as well.
Decided to put into local garage as I did not want hassle of removing bumper.

Collecting the car tomorow, they took nearly 2 hours getting it off.
Both vent seals were leaking, the nearside had almost half of the top of the gasket missing!
They took them off and re-sealed, the cable gland for the rear light was also re-sealed so hoping all will now be OK.
Thanks to all the replies
Peter H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts