Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Few weeks on and i've still got issues with lack of power.

EGR valve has been replaced and one of the electro valves (turbo solenoid valve) has been replaced. This has cleared most of the faults but i've got one more ...

P0243

This seems to relate to another Solenoid Valve - this time the wastegate solenoid valve. The guy has asked me to go away and source the part and then let him know when i have it. The only issue i have is i can't distinguish specifically what it is i need exactly ?

He showed me a picture which looked similar to this and he said it was the part on the top: PEUGEOT 307 308 407 508 607 2.0 HDI DW10BTED4 TURBO SOLENOID 0375P0 GENUINE | eBay

On service box the "0375P0" seems to relate to a control capsule turbo unit (which also correlates to the eBay picture)

Is this the part i need here or am i missing something completely ?

Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo solenoid is just another name for waste gate solenoid. The item shown in picture is waste gate actuator.

Check wiring for damage
I wouldn't know where to start checking for damage.

If that isn't the solenoid but is instead the actuator would you be able to point me in the right direction of the Waste Gate Solenoid ? Or is it the top part of the actuator ?

Sorry - complete amateur so all help is appreciated

·
5,861 Posts
Not worked on 407 and not sure which engine you have on most HDI the electro valves are on front of engine. If you have service box access look under emission control then gas recycling and you will see the electro valves in the diagram

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not worked on 407 and not sure which engine you have on most HDI the electro valves are on front of engine. If you have service box access look under emission control then gas recycling and you will see the electro valves in the diagram
There are 3 Electro Valves as far as i can see (2 x 18 & 1 x 23) - Like i said originally we have replaced one of them which cleared the faults.

Which one is the wastegate solenoid on here ? 23 ?

·
5,861 Posts
23 is turbo valve (from diagram looks like it mounts on bulkhead) you can see pipe leading to outline of turbo. If that's the one you changed and fault reoccurred I would look at connector plug and wiring

·
5,861 Posts
Vac faults would give over/under boost fault codes. As the fault is specific to the solenoid it is wiring or faulty unit related

·
Registered
217 Posts
Vac faults would give over/under boost fault codes. As the fault is specific to the solenoid it is wiring or faulty unit related
see my post here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/fault-codes-turbo-120106/#post788410

and here

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/accessing-turbo-119882/#post785754

I had the same issues, same fault codes changed all three electro ('solenoid') valves it ended up being the copy position sensor on top of the engine, quite a cheap and easy fix in the end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see my post here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/fault-codes-turbo-120106/#post788410

and here

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/accessing-turbo-119882/#post785754

I had the same issues, same fault codes changed all three electro ('solenoid') valves it ended up being the copy position sensor on top of the engine, quite a cheap and easy fix in the end.
Makes sense. The mechanic thats doing the work mentioned it could be the solenoid on top of the actuator and showed me this picture PEUGEOT 307 308 407 508 607 2.0 HDI DW10BTED4 TURBO SOLENOID 0375P0 GENUINE | eBay

Looks like the part you pointed me to is the same thing but just the solenoid so looks like this is the next step

Cars eh .. Best things in the world when they work and a right royal pain in the arse when something goes wrong

·
Registered
217 Posts
The part I changed was the black sensor on top of the actuator, don't get confused between 'actuator' (the thing you've just posted a link to) and solenoids (which are the vacuum operated valves that Peugeot sell as electro valves.

The copy sensor was £86 ish from midland turbo.

Gaz

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is that eBay part both the vacuum electrovalve and actuator in one?

At one extreme is, e.g., the 406 where there's a vacuum supply to an electrovalve then the vacuum output from that goes to the actuator.

At the other is, e.g., the 407 where (as I understand it) many of these are now wholly electrically controlled and therefore do not have a vacuum supply.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Is that eBay part both the vacuum electrovalve and actuator in one?

At one extreme is, e.g., the 406 where there's a vacuum supply to an electrovalve then the vacuum output from that goes to the actuator.

At the other is, e.g., the 407 where (as I understand it) many of these are now wholly electrically controlled and therefore do not have a vacuum supply.
407 is entirely vacuum controlled vac supply is linked via a t piece to the brake master cylinder, then it goes to two back to back 'electro valves' which I'm not sure whether the electric supply opens the van port or vice-versa. It the goes to another 'electro-valve' behind the block which feeds the part mentioned above which is the actuator that opens the variable vane part of the turbo and this is wholly vac operated the black triangular sensor on top is a position sensor that tells the rest of the system how open the turbo vanes are.

Its that sensor that was flucked on mine and is a relatively cheap and easy fix

To answer your question the part above is the actuator and this
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331093325106?nav=SEARCH
Is an electro valve.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, sorry to bring this topic back.

I bought the car without the number 23 solenoid.

can anyone please teel me how many vacuum connections this valve has.

and also, where should the hose number 26 be connected to?

regards

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts