Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at two 3008's at yesterday, they had the optional Washington 19" wheels which I thought were awful.

I appreciate however, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', but the Washington are poor....far too much alloy face and reminisant of the old Volvo early attempts at big alloys.

I understand many are 'unsure' of the 18" normal and matt haria Detroit rims but both, in my opinion, outshine the Washintons.

My favourite, for the record, are the Los Angeles, but didn't need grip control.

Paul

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looking at two 3008's at yesterday, they had the optional Washington 19" wheels which I thought were awful.

I appreciate however, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', but the Washington are poor....far too much alloy face and reminisant of the old Volvo early attempts at big alloys.

I understand many are 'unsure' of the 18" normal and matt haria Detroit rims but both, in my opinion, outshine the Washintons.

My favourite, for the record, are the Los Angeles, but didn't need grip control.

Paul
Am I right in thinking you get the Washington's if you have a GT with grip control?

·
Registered
765 Posts
My order is a GT with grip control and i'm told it's coming with the 18" wheels. Which is what I wanted as my current car is on low profile 19's with sport suspension and it's awful.. plus at 180 quid a tyre its a huge jump up from the price for 18's

·
Registered
544 Posts
According to the brochure, the 19" Washington wheels are only available as a optional extra on the Allure and GT Line 3008s.

The 18" Los Angeles wheels come with the "Advanced Grip" and are available on all 3008s.

The GT has the 19" Boston wheels as standard with the only other optional extra being the Los Angeles and the GT Line has the 18" Detroit matt Haria as standard with the Los Angeles and the Washington as optional extras.

Hope this answers your query guys

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My guess is the Washington wheels are a way of giving the Allure and GT Line versions a 19" wheel option while keeping them different to the GT. As Beau says, they aren't the most picturesque wheels but perhaps they are better 'in the flesh'.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I had a 'tough time' with my local dealer when asking them info on the 19" Washington's. They didn't have any in stock which is understandable but even asking them to show me what they looked like online was a no no.
In the end I found a picture of them in the accessories and as to what they looked like on he car I added them as an extra in the configuration.
As you say it is difficult without first seeing them let alone trying them on the car. I'm still not sure I made the right choice in adding them.
The first pic is the standard 18" Detroit and the second pic the 19" Wellington's.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Washington is a 7-inch wheel that comes (at least here) as a standard when you choose Allure and a BlueHDI 120 manual or Puretech 130 manual. The wheels will be fitted with 205/55R19 tires - so narrower tyre compared to the Active/Access levels. This is to keep the emissions on Allure on the same level as the Active/Access that are lighter than Allure.

Not sure if the situation is the same in UK. It's a bit of an odd tyre size.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Washington is a 7-inch wheel that comes (at least here) as a standard when you choose Allure and a BlueHDI 120 manual or Puretech 130 manual. The wheels will be fitted with 205/55R19 tires - so narrower tyre compared to the Active/Access levels. This is to keep the emissions on Allure on the same level as the Active/Access that are lighter than Allure.

Not sure if the situation is the same in UK. It's a bit of an odd tyre size.
Those configurations of allure in UK all come with the detroit 18" wheels. Surprised you get 19's with an allure as standard.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If someone's wondering how the car look like with the Washingtons, here's a video with them:
https://youtu.be/tvVzQmkJ5ZM
Good catch; I've been looking and managed to find another late last night here:- https://youtu.be/dNs2SJbn8lk

What I like about your link is you get to see what they look like on the move.
I was worried that these 19" Wellington's unlike the Boston's that have more space between alloy would appear as a single piece of metal but on the contrary they give the illusion of running backwards and do look exceptionally nice.
I don't suppose you know if the person in the video mentioned anything about the ride by any chance?
I really should have learned another language but as 65 approaches I'm more concerned about the bucket list. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those configurations of allure in UK all come with the detroit 18" wheels. Surprised you get 19's with an allure as standard.
We also get LED front lights as standard with the Allure. :) No sat nav though.

As far as I understand, the 19-inch wheel with the narrower tire is there to push down the emissions. In UK the emissions figure for Allure 120 BlueHDI Manual with 225 wide tyres is 104 g/km, whereas with the narrower tyres the emissions are 100 grams/km. In Finland (and possibly many other countries too) both the car tax you pay when buying a car and the yearly motoring tax depend on the emissions figure. I presume this has something to do with it... Of course whether I fit it later with superwide tires or not is not reflected in my yearly tax.

Cars with automatic transmission do not get the 19-inch wheels nor do the Access and Active (I presume they can reach the 100 grams/km rating due to lighter weight and 215 mm wide tyres).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Harsher winters I would assume. These taller narrower tyres have better grip in snow.
We do need two sets of tyres - one for the summer and another one for the winter. The car is typically delivered with summer tyres and then it's up to the buyer to buy another set from the dealer or somewhere else.

I'm getting myself a set of Mak wheels for the winter tires in 17" size (due to the cost of the Nordic winter tires in bigger sizes).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
We do need two sets of tyres - one for the summer and another one for the winter. The car is typically delivered with summer tyres and then it's up to the buyer to buy another set from the dealer or somewhere else.

I'm getting myself a set of Mak wheels for the winter tires in 17" size (due to the cost of the Nordic winter tires in bigger sizes).
Crikey, what with high prices and this:- it's a veritable minefield owning a car. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.