Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I really need your help on this one.

I would like anyone of you to give me a full analysis on how he/she washes his/her car. That is both from the inside and on the outside and what produscts are used.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks.

G

·
Blimey, i've seen grown men start fights over disagreements about the best cleaning methods and products.

You'd be safer asking which is the best religion!

G

·
Well...

Once every 10 or 11 days (I work a 7 day shift pattern when I'm working) I soak the wheels in non caustic cleaner and jetwash the whole car.

I then wash it with a mitt using whatever wax shampoo is cheapest in Lidl, rise with a hosepipe and dry with a large microfibre towell. Inside I vacuum it out and use baby wipes to clean the hard plastic surfaces and leather and furniture polish on the shiny chrome and plastics.

Every 3rd or 4th wash I applu Auto Glym wax polish (not the super resin, the other one - I can't remember what it's called) as it's the only one I've found that doesn't leave greasy marks on the black paint. I then treat the rims with AG alloy wheel sealer and do the tyres in AG tyre dressing.

Late autumn, ready for the onslaught of winter, I apply a couple of coats of Bilt Hambers Auto Balm. The finish isn't as clean and shiny as the Auto Glym, but the corrosion resistance is better than any product available, as attested to by hot salt spray chamber tests carried out by Bristol University on behalf of Practical Classics magazine.

I also do the door shuts and wipe the engine bay clean each wash.

My 308 is silver and the finish comes up well with any old wax so i tend to use the dregs of whatever I have available on the 308.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.