Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought the car the previous owner said that the washers were not working on the streering controls and a garage had fitted a button to activate the pump. A while ago they stopped working, I removed the wheel and trim and found a relay taped up with wires all over the place. Moved a few wires and washer started to work, so decided just a loose wire. Got in the car today and the washers are no working. The relay clicks when in press the button but the pump does not work. My question is could i do away with the relay and just have switched power to the pump to operate it. Also the rear washer doesnt work at all, would removing the relay sort this too?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
When i bought the car the previous owner said that the washers were not working on the streering controls and a garage had fitted a button to activate the pump. A while ago they stopped working, I removed the wheel and trim and found a relay taped up with wires all over the place. Moved a few wires and washer started to work, so decided just a loose wire. Got in the car today and the washers are no working. The relay clicks when in press the button but the pump does not work. My question is could i do away with the relay and just have switched power to the pump to operate it. Also the rear washer doesnt work at all, would removing the relay sort this too?
check fuse under the bonet,
check pump behind drivers wheel arch
if you wanna fix the problem properly get the comms unit sorted see here COMM 2000 PEUGEOT 307,206,406 & CITROEN XSARA,BERLINGO INDICATOR & WIPER STALKS | eBay

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have checked fuses all ok. Given they way the wires have been butchered to get them working a new or repaired comm unit would not work I would then need to repair/replace part of the loom

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Whichever way you go you'll need to get the rear washer working before it's next MOT.

Is it not possible to remove the additional wires match up the severed original wires and solder them back together with heat shrink protection?

Pretty sure the same pump supplies both front & rear washers - spins one way for front and the opposite for rear. Guessing whoever butchered it only wired it one way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys. All sorted! Still bypassed the comm2000 using button mounted on the dash. Removed the faulty relay and just gave the pump a switched live. Tracing the cables back the live comes straight from alternator not fusebox. And inline fuse between the alternator and the switch. The earth simply tapped into earth point under washer filler neck.

Just passed MOT (stuck a label above the button to show that the button worked the washers). The pump does work the rear wash too but via a separate valve. Gonna cut the pipe and fit a 'Y' joint so both spray at the same time. I know that may sound strange spraying both every time but no other easy way round it and not cleaning rear window is starting to be a pain! And with winter not to far way I may need it on the country roads I have to use every day going to work.

I may be in touch with trustme in the not to distant future as started to get indicator problems ( over cancelling )!

Thanks for the advise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts