Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

With all the bad weather this is prob the worst time for the washer jets to stop but they have!

I have water in the bottle
they were working 3 days ago
when you turn on both front or rear jets the wipers go on but you cant hear the pump
i have tried to fuse and that is in tack (i tried fuse number 14)
before i go checking all the other fuses one by one and possibly breaking one can anyone give me a bit of insite into fixing this?
The washer bottle in in the drivers side wing so if i need ot get to that i need to remove the innner arch.
Any ideas??

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
thegman said:
Hi All,

With all the bad weather this is prob the worst time for the washer jets to stop but they have!

I have water in the bottle
they were working 3 days ago
when you turn on both front or rear jets the wipers go on but you cant hear the pump
i have tried to fuse and that is in tack (i tried fuse number 14)
before i go checking all the other fuses one by one and possibly breaking one can anyone give me a bit of insite into fixing this?
The washer bottle in in the drivers side wing so if i need ot get to that i need to remove the innner arch.
Any ideas??

Cheers
Mike
There you go (the bit in bold). That's your problem. If you have water in there then the whole bottle will have frozen and the pump itself will be sat in a solid block of ice, so it won't be able to turn. Even a weak antifreeze mix will freeze in prolonged cold weather, and a strong mix will still ice up on the nozzles. I suspect you've not had enough antifreeze in there for the conditions.

You could try topping it up with a strong mix of antifreeze screenwash mixed with warm water, to see if you can defrost it, other than that you're looking at a heater under the car to warm it up. Caution though, you don't want to burn out your car, do you. Longer time with less heat is better than a short time with more heat.

G

·
Viking said:
There you go (the bit in bold). That's your problem. If you have water in there then the whole bottle will have frozen and the pump itself will be sat in a solid block of ice, so it won't be able to turn. Even a weak antifreeze mix will freeze in prolonged cold weather, and a strong mix will still ice up on the nozzles. I suspect you've not had enough antifreeze in there for the conditions.

You could try topping it up with a strong mix of antifreeze screenwash mixed with warm water, to see if you can defrost it, other than that you're looking at a heater under the car to warm it up. Caution though, you don't want to burn out your car, do you. Longer time with less heat is better than a short time with more heat.
Viking is spot on there, just de iced mine today as I'd forgot antifreeze!

Sometimes the simple answers are the ones you need to look for :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot on, what an easy fix, i filled it up before the freeze and didnbt put enough washer fluid in, i just put in some fluid and boiling water, left it over night and all working perfectly this morning, cheers very much for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am suffering from the same problem, but it isn't making a buzzing noise when i try to clean the screen.

do you think it will be the same problem, or could my pump have gone?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i changed the pump myself, pretty easy

i boughtthe pump off a seller on ebay for about £7 much cheaper than anywhere else.

You take the drivers front wheel off, pull the arch back and the pump is there. Disconnect the electric cable and unplug the pipe, watch out for all the water coming out though. Simply replace the pump and put all back together.

·
Registered
55 Posts
dont be tempted to put to much anti freeze in as this clogs the jets. I did this and it real awkward to clean the jets, i had to resort to and ait line

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pink said:
I am suffering from the same problem, but it isn't making a buzzing noise when i try to clean the screen.

do you think it will be the same problem, or could my pump have gone?
I HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS, I CHECKED EVERYTHING AND IT SEEMED OK. IN THE ENGINE BAY IS A FUSE BOARD AND A SIMPLE 10amp FUSE HAD BLOWN. APARENTLY WHEN THE WHEATHER IS BAD THESE CAN BLOW EASY..... THIS FUSE CONTROLS THE WASHER PUMP A SIMPLE CHECK FOR ANY WITH THIS PROBLEM
:iagree:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had an issue were nothing would come out of the jets, checked everything I could think of and then noticed that the rubber pipe leading from the pump to the jets had a crease in it from where the bonnet (off side corner, nearest to the windscreen) was squashing the pipe when the bonnet was shut. A quick adjustment and everything was tickety boo after that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wife's 207CC has windscreen skoosher problems. The drivers side was just dribbling, the passenger side was excellent. Cleaning out the drivers jet didn't fix as it seems to have an internal "something" - a 1mm drill hits a wall of some sort, a 3mm drill goes up the water inlet spigot OK.
I dismantled and cleaned the valve/splitter and blew through the pipes.
The problem was still the same. I swapped the jets over and got a good skoosh on the drivers side and nothing on the passenger side. I assume there is another inline venturi on the passenger side to make the pressure favour the drivers side. Shouldn't be a problem today as it's raining in Scotland, looks like I'll have to strip out the lot and start again tomorrow.
Unless someone out there knows different...?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS, I CHECKED EVERYTHING AND IT SEEMED OK. IN THE ENGINE BAY IS A FUSE BOARD AND A SIMPLE 10amp FUSE HAD BLOWN. APARENTLY WHEN THE WHEATHER IS BAD THESE CAN BLOW EASY..... THIS FUSE CONTROLS THE WASHER PUMP A SIMPLE CHECK FOR ANY WITH THIS PROBLEM
:iagree:
I don’t suppose you know what fuse it was as I don’t want to break any by pulling the wrong one .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts