Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am at a bit of a dead end. The front and rear washer jets on my 2001 Peugeot 307 HDI have stopped working (the wipers work OK)

- I found fuse F14 blown so I replaced it.
- They still did not work.
- I have bought a new pump and fitted it and it still does not work.

My Haynes manual shows two relays between the fuse and the motor in the main fuse box. Could these have gone and if so does anyone know how I can identify them?
Also is there an easy way to check if the new motor I bought is not a dud?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I have a voltmeter but never used one before on car circuits.

There is the electrical connection on the top of the washer jet motor (a real pain to get to). The car side connector has two female connectors (males are on the pump motor). If I put the black voltmeter lead into one of the female connections & the red into the other, turn on the washers - would this test the circuitry to the motor?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
take the washers off, move the pipe so it squirts into a bottle or something and test them that way.

could be just a blockage somewhere. or can you not hear the pump going?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

Thanks for the reply. The motor is not running. So either the replacement motor is duff or the fault is upstream. I might try to test the input connection to the motor this weekend with a multimeter. I will post the results.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a similar issue: I hear the pump working however no fluid comes out from the washer jets, it worked fine until a few days ago, it has plenty of fluid in the washer bottle so I guess I should check to see if it’s a blockage before looking at the pump itself, can anyone tell me where the washer pump is located? I think it’s hidden behind one of the plastic wheel arch covers on the front wings, does anyone know if thats right and if so which side is it on O/S/F or N/S/F? (RHD UK car)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pump & tank are located behind the offside front plastic wheel arch. Unclip the under arch & under engine plastic around the front of the wheel. Then reach behind the arch, towards the front bumper at the very bottom. The pump has a clip type electrical connection at the top & then the pump can be pulled out of the tank.

You can do this without jacking the car. I just angled the front wheels out to make space to get my hand in.

Still no luck getting mine fixed. Fuse OK, new pump; pump still not running? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts