Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407 SW 2.0 2006 model with 48t km on it. It seems like the reservoir for the windscreen washer is leaking, when I try to top it up I can see the fluid leaking from under the car, but when I put like appr. 2 liters on it then it seems like it is not leaking off. But eventhough there should be these 2 liters in the reservoir, nothing comes out of the nozzles....? I can hear the pump like it is pumping but nothing happens.. Is there any way of inspecting this? I was trying to find a way to take the reservoir out for inspection but can not find any way to do it, any ideas??

·
5,028 Posts
not good news im afraid but the front bumper has to come off to access it,what caused it to leak,any idea??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, I can not notice anything when looking at it... Is it possible to find somewhere instructions on how to take off the front bumper?

·
5,028 Posts
this might help but then again it might be more confusing:lol: :nod:

·
Registered
4 Posts
washer bottle

Hi, Seems i had similar problem which eventually solved after many visits to useless garages. if you look under the bonnet you will see that the screen jets are connected to 2 inch rubber pipe, here there is a joint which connects to another rubber pipe about 2 inches again which in turn connects to the main water feed which runs back to the water bottle. if you disconect the FIRST joint from the jet and look very carefully you can see that the small rubber pipe connector has a spring in side it, replace this joint connector BUT be very careful to make sure you put it back the correct way round. NEXT from the water bottle is a pipe which goes to the front headlamp washers, the pipe has possibly become disconnected, best way to check is turn on engine and headlights and hit headlamp wash. if water pours from around the wheel area the pipes come off. to connect it again you will have to take off the front bumper !!!! Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts