Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few day now my wash has not worked for the windscreen.
Thought it had just froze up.
But today went for a long drive and it was 7 degrees outside and still no luck.
Is my fuse blown or do they work on the same fuse as the wipers,which are fine or is my pump buggered.
Please help as the Mrs is not happy.:thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
The fuse in the BM34 in the engine bay will be blown. Its a 10Amp one.
Wipers will still work just no wash.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, if you find the washer pump is dead its an easy fix, just remove the front wheel (drivers side),strip out the arch liner and there it is, just remove the plug,pull it from the washer bottle and replace,you can pick up a washer pump from ebay for about £10.00.

S

·
0 Posts
Try the simple first, boil a kettle and fill the tank with warm water, leave it to work its way through the system

Just because its 7 degrees out doesnt mean it'll let the tank thaw sufficiently, i know mine doesnt and i have to do this at the start of every cold season because i always forget screenwash!

Once thats all gone through make sure you put some antifreeze screenwash in there and your all set!! :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does the back washer work?
If not, check fuses first, then move on to the pump. Personally I prefer to remove the front bumper to get at the washer. I found it a lot easier than jacking up, taking off the wheel and removing the liner. Bumper is just a few screws, slide the whole thing off, then you have very easy access to the pump.

If the back washer does work, your in for much more fun...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanx everyone.
Sorted now
It was the fuse!!!My dad said it would not be the fuse as it works on the same as the wipers.
Next time i wont listen to him and just listen to you chaps instead:thumb:
Cheers:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts