Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a June 2018 GT Line 1.6 EAT and done just under 9000 miles, which means I have got 7 months left for my warranty.
So I am wondering if there are any problems I should be looking out for before the warranty ends ?

My car has just been booked in for new drop links on the anti roll bar as it has developed a rattle.
They are also replacing the drivers seat cushion, I noticed a 'dent' in the seat and have read several others have the same problem, it is not getting replaced because of this, but the dealer noticed a crease in the cushion that means it can be replaced under warranty.

So, can you post any information about any warranty work you have done, I think it will be a great help to all owners in here.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My car has just been booked in for new drop links on the anti roll bar as it has developed a rattle.
They are also replacing the drivers seat cushion, I noticed a 'dent' in the seat and have read several others have the same problem, it is not getting replaced because of this, but the dealer noticed a crease in the cushion that means it can be replaced under warranty.
This can't be right?? Mine is a 2018 model and have had absolutely no issues with drop links, anti roll (sway?) bars or rattles. I'm pretty sure the road conditions on which I use the car are worse than yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had both the drop links replaced on my 2017 GT line at its 2nd Year service in Nov 2019 at circa 12000 miles.
I believe it is a known problem!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only warranty work I have had on my 2017 model is the steering wheel being replaced because of the stitching fraying and detaching.

In addition to this the windscreen has also been replaced due to a crack which developed at the base of the screen and the dealer said it was due to a stone hitting the windscreen, there was not a mark on the screen indicating that a stone had hit it. They would not replace the screen under warranty.

They pointed me in the direction of 'Autoglass' as they were aware that it was a Motability lease vehicle and that windscreen replacement was covered by the lease. 'Autoglass' did an excellent job replacing the screen and checking that various car settings that can be affected by fitting a new windscreen were in spec. The guy who fitted it told me that the screen had never been hit by a stone.

Otherwise I have no problems with one of the nicest cars I have leased.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This can't be right?? Mine is a 2018 model and have had absolutely no issues with drop links, anti roll (sway?) bars or rattles. I'm pretty sure the road conditions on which I use the car are worse than yours.
When in 2018 ? Maybe the modifications were after I bought mine in June ?
I have since found that it is a known fault and the replacement part has been modified & also requires new bolts for fitting.

·
Registered
290 Posts
When in 2018 ? Maybe the modifications were after I bought mine in June ?
I have since found that it is a known fault and the replacement part has been modified & also requires new bolts for fitting.
I purchased it new in March, So I guess, by time it was shipped down under, it was probably manufactured late 2017.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased it new in March, So I guess, by time it was shipped down under, it was probably manufactured late 2017.
So yours is a bit earlier than mine, so I would guess you have the same drop links. Keep a watch on them before your warranty expires then :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
You can see the exact manufacture date in the sticker in the "B" pillar, driver side. The one that also has the tire pressure.
It's a 5-digit number followed by "89" (the PSA Sochaux Plant) - the number of days since 8th november 1976. You can use RP or ORGA to "translate" that to a human readable format.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the symptoms??
Just the noise - it has started to rattle when going over bumps. The garage said usually caused by pot holes (see lots of these) and speed ramps (very rare I need to go over any).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts