Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm new to both Peugeot's and to the forum, and have an issue with the 02 plate SW 110 HDI Estate I bought last week. Initially it ran ok, but I got the occasional warning of Unblock Diesel Filter. I was going to check it with the trader I bought it from when after taking a motorway drive to give it a run out, it also displayed the Insufficient Engine Coolant message. I checked when it was safe to do so and the coolant chamber was dry as a bone. Nearly 2 litres later it was all fine; no obvious leaks and on driving it the temp gague stayed neatly around the 70 mark.

However, 5 minutes from home I got three warning lights in quick succession that won't go away. The first is the Unblock Diesel Filter message, followed by the new EBS/ASR not Functioning message again, (along with Airpollution Fault) and the Insufficient Engine Coolant warning, even though the temp gague reads at normal and coolant level is still fine.

I'm not very technical when it comes to cars unfortunately, and will have to rely on mechanics to resolve these issues for me, but just wondered a) if it's one thing that would affect all three warnings, b) are these common occurences, and c) will this cost me a bomb?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the unblock diesel filter is telling you the particulate filter is blocked up.
I have has the ESP/ASR warning and that was a corroded wheel sensor which i fixed with a bit of wet and dry :)
Not had the coolant one although there is a sensor in the tank so i suggest that is foobar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'd heard about problems with dodgy/corroded sensors, so hopefully it's that.

I went to check the fluid levels again but the cap came off with the pressure stopper stuck in the bloody coolant tank! I need to find a way of getting that off to check as it seems it might be a coolant leak (orange dust on the coolant tank, and also down the right hand side of the car as though it's been flying out when driving).

Is the particulate filter particularly messy/expsensive to unblock, and will it fail an MOT on it (the old owner is MOT'ing the car as part of the purchase)?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts