Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Driving tonite through not-too-deep slush....

Engine starts to "miss"...and run rough...
Engine light comes on with "Depoloution system fault" warning...
Drives ok and smooth after approx 1 minute...engine light stays on...

Get her home, and my basic OBD2 reader threw up a warning, but could"nt give me a code......but...was able to clear it ok.

Car now fine, no warnings...engine light off, and running smooth again....checked below car...no damage etc...

What has happened????......

Thx,
Cliff

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
depollution fault can mean many things in a peugeot...i'd wait to see if it throws it up again and then get it checked out with a peugeot planet holder or at the dealer. general car code readers cannot read peugeot, or so i am told anyways.

but the depollution fault is basically your pug throwing its toys out of the pram for some strange reason...as they all do at somepoint.

J

·
0 Posts
Cliff Mc Ilwee said:
Engine starts to "miss"...and run rough...
Engine light comes on with "Depoloution system fault" warning...
Drives ok and smooth after approx 1 minute...engine light stays on...
Mine does this, typically through the regen process - easily noticeable (rough running, heated rear window & mirrors, slight incr. in water & oil temp) and needs a couple of mins of reasonable driving speed to clear it properly - absolute nightmare going through the regen process whilst in town!
Generally does this every 250-300miles, which I try to time it right that I'm not in town at the time it does it.
I haven't had any warning lights come on though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback chaps,

50305 miles on her at the moment....never had this happen before, and was worried, especially when the engine light came on etc....

reminded me of the last time I had a wet distributer cap on a car many years ago!!!!, that"s just what it felt like!!!

Drove to work this morning absolutly fine.....no lights or warnings:)

Martin, if it comes up again, I"ll nip down to Armoy!!:thumb:

cheers, and thx,

Cliff

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
jmkent said:
Mine does this, typically through the regen process - easily noticeable (rough running, heated rear window & mirrors, slight incr. in water & oil temp) and needs a couple of mins of reasonable driving speed to clear it properly - absolute nightmare going through the regen process whilst in town!
Generally does this every 250-300miles, which I try to time it right that I'm not in town at the time it does it.
I haven't had any warning lights come on though.
ahhh, i wonder if this is the same on other manufacturers. as i had a random "engine system failure" message and a light pop up on my focus...but no dtc codes logged....car is perfectly fine tho only happened the once on the a19 going to gateshead from thirsk...but the real question is, i wonder if my car has a dpf and additives etc...think i should do a bit of research:thumb:

glad to hear it sounds sorted...:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts