Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking into buying a 307 SW SE with the 7 seats and panoramic sunroof. Now I know not all of them are 7 seaters so I may get the 5 if there is a good one and install the back row from ebay. I am interested in the newer shape as I hear they are of better quality from about 2005.

My first question is what difference does getting the SE over the S version, I know this means more specs but exactly what and will this include cruise control?

I am looking at the diesel models but I am unsure of which to go for, the 1.6 90HP, the 1.6 110HP or the 2.0 litre version. I think the 2.0litre has the DPF and so does the 1.6 110hp but will the 90hp still be more reliable or is it too slow.

Is there anything else I should look out for on my search?

Thank you

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
2 litre is best engine by far 1.6 is better on fuel but not by much and way more potential for problems.
DPF is NOT the horror story some would have you believe i have seen plenty with original DPF still working fine at 250k miles its down to understanding the system and driving the car properly.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Had a mobile mechanic come out to replace my radiator - he had a 2l diesel 90hp, his opinion was that Peugeot took a wrong turn by introducing the 110hp version - he much preferred the DW10TD. They also don't have dual mass flywheels of DPF's - so less to go wrong.

I have a DW10TD - it's pokey enough.:D

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
DW10 can be had in 90 and 110 hp my sons 406 is a 110 and is very reliable now on 170k miles on original clutch/flywheel but it will need doing soon

No DPF on 110 406 though only 136 got DPF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts