Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought my mum a 56 plate 307 in May (on his birthday bless him).

They've since realised that it doesn't have bluetooth and he's worried that she may answer her phone in the car. Dad has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and so mum will not let a phone call go unasnwered. Dad is deteriorating quickly (and was taken into hospital last night by ambulance - I'm waiting for news :sad:

It was mums birthday on Monday, and dad asked me to sort getting bluetooth fitted to her car as a pressie. but i just can't seem to get the right answers. I'd love to be able to go visit him today & say it's sorted, don't worry.

Tried ringing two Peugeot garages, and have been given two different answers. Neither seem to be able to offer a solution. The first said they could fit an extra piece of kit but caller ID won't come up on the display (he did say he wants that) and the second said they can install a parrot kit.

Basically, he's looking for an integrated kit, that looks just as if it were factory fitted, ie no cables or gizmos screwed on the dash, and for caller ID to show on the display - like it does in my car.

Please, any help at all would be really appreciated as I feel like I'm letting him down not being able to sort it.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 307sw is booked in with Dale Garage, Hexham (a Peugeot dealer) next week to have an integrated bluetooth fitted.

Its a Parrot-based system but works thru' the stereo and all the controls are on the audio stalk. Parts guy reckons it works exactly the same as the factory fiited bluetooth with caller id on the cars display screen etc.

It is a Peugeot kit so your local dealer should be able top help you out. Its not cheap though - £179 fitted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brianthemodeller said:
My 307sw is booked in with Dale Garage, Hexham (a Peugeot dealer) next week to have an integrated bluetooth fitted.

Its a Parrot-based system but works thru' the stereo and all the controls are on the audio stalk. Parts guy reckons it works exactly the same as the factory fiited bluetooth with caller id on the cars display screen etc.

It is a Peugeot kit so your local dealer should be able top help you out. Its not cheap though - £179 fitted.
This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. And the price I was quoted by the first garage was £179 without a screen & £239 if I needed a screen. Going to go into peugeot and speak to someone face to face. Will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Don't know if this would be of any interest. I picked up a "Mr Handsfree Compact Blue" bluetooth set from Asda for £15 last week . Fitted it to a 407 this weekend and it works like a charm. Took me a couple of hours to fit (I'm *not* an auto electrician) and had to take some panels out during fitting but the only thing visible is an inch of wiring going from the back of the display unit into the dash. It mutes the radio when the phone is active. Sound comes from a speaker box mounted in the passenger footwell. Very happy for the money:)

I can't post the url but if you search for Mr Handsfree it is the blue compact model.

If I can tell you anything more or anybody would like to know how I did it please feel free to ask (I'm no expert but I *have* now done it !).

Hope things with your dad are a little easier.

Best wishes

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Yup I can certainly sort some pictures out to show the finished job. I'll also happily post a picture of the receipt.

I *THINK* that Asda must have made a mistake because they have two different hands free kits on the same pile and are charging the same for both. :thumb:

Certainly I haven't seen the item elsewhere as cheaply :)

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
If they are you can get me one.:thumb:
I'll pop in after work for you and check. Being as you're forum mod I'll see you straight for £25 posted.

If anybody else wants me to get them one it 'll be £30 + postage.

If you can let me know yes or know I'll pick one up and we can discuss payment and addresses afterwards ;- bit daft to do it before we know if they still have any :)

There were two sorts, one with the rectangular display and one with the small round button (a bit like the nokia CK7W). Do you have a preference ?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Went out tonight and managed to pick 2 up. I have put one on eBay but have held one back in case you did want it. If you could let me know if you don't and I'll offer it round at work. Couldn't get the one with the button, only the one with the display module.

I have put 2 pictures of the install on my 407 on the listing.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back here with another Pegeot problem - my son's this time !
Thought I'd post an update here.
Wen't for the Parrot Kit. Dad came with me when he got out of hospital and we arranged for it to be fitted whilst we waited - bless him he really struggled that day & it was chucking down with rain.
He passed away 6 October 2009 :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We went for the parrot ck3100. It wasn't completely integrated like my own car but it worked well. The wires were all hidden and they put some adhesive Velcro on the dashboard and left enough slack on the cable so that when she wasn't driving she could unhook it and hide it away in the pocket in front of the gear stick so that nothing was on view whilst the car was parked. When she got back in she could just pull it outand stick it back on the dash. Worked well and it left no marks in the dash when we had it removed when she upgraded the car.
Caller display did show on the parrot the same as on the phone itself but you do have to take hands off the wheel to answer a call which isn't ideal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.