Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm trying to help a friend out with his 206. Its a W reg 1.4 and the horn simply doesnt work. I've looked through all the fuses and nothing seems to have blown although he has no Haynes or handbook telling which fuse is for the horn anyway.

Could you please guide me to which fuse is for the horn and also, what else is common to cause the horn to not work?

Thanks for your time.
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Phil69 said:
Hi all,
I'm trying to help a friend out with his 206. Its a W reg 1.4 and the horn simply doesnt work. I've looked through all the fuses and nothing seems to have blown although he has no Haynes or handbook telling which fuse is for the horn anyway.

Could you please guide me to which fuse is for the horn and also, what else is common to cause the horn to not work?

Thanks for your time.
Any help is much appreciated.
Bad earth behind airbag in steering wheel.

G

·
Unplug the horn and stick a meter across the terminals - if you get a signal, the horn itself is likely road-clagged to death. If you don't, then Swollocks scenario is the likely one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Unplug the horn and stick a meter across the terminals - if you get a signal, the horn itself is likely road-clagged to death. If you don't, then Swollocks scenario is the likely one.
It could also be corroded terminals/ wire @ connector into horn

by the way is the horn push not on the end of the indicator stalk like other pugs

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
derv306 said:
by the way is the horn push not on the end of the indicator stalk like other pugs
The older you get the bigger the buttons you need , the whole airbag on the steering wheel is the horn, oh to be young and drive a 306 (boy racer) again.:lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
The older you get the bigger the buttons you need , the whole airbag on the steering wheel is the horn, oh to be young and drive a 306 (boy racer) again.:lol:
haha! I suppose that explains why so many older people drive 206's

by the way my 306 is no boy racer wagon (its a 5dr straight diesel dw8), my 7 yr old daughter could pass it on her scooter! ffs

getting back on topic, check the horn relay, french electronics can be suspect!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much everyone.
The car is going on the ramp tomorrow for an oil change anyway so will check the horn itself while its there. After that, I'll take the airbag off and check the earth.

After that, I'm stuck :(

If its a relay and not a fuse, which relay or fuse is it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Phil69 said:
Thanks very much everyone.
The car is going on the ramp tomorrow for an oil change anyway so will check the horn itself while its there. After that, I'll take the airbag off and check the earth.

After that, I'm stuck :(

If its a relay and not a fuse, which relay or fuse is it?
Its a common issue on the 307. As has been said, earth behind airbag just needs cleaning up with a wire brush probably

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huge thanks to everyone.
I'll have a play about today and see what I can do. Got an oil change to do on it anyway so I can leave the battery disconnected while its up on the ramp for that then take the airbag off :)

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts