Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mum bought a 58 plate 207 with 22k on the clock 3 months ago. we thought she had a good little car. oh how we were wrong. the list of faults:
-head gasket!
-air flow sensor....TWICE!
-boot lid catch
-coil pack
-window regulator
-alternator

all were repaired under warantee, but when they repaired the head gasket they didnt do the tappets properly so it runs like a dog. they then had the cheek to try to charge my mum £85 to adjust them.

she denied the work, got in the car and left vospers....only to loose power due to the 2nd MAF sensor failure! upon further inspection i noticed the water pump was leaking.

but the icing on the cake is unbeleivable! they advertised it as a 1.4 16v sport when in fact i noticed it was an 8v lump (identical to my 306 one).
they were adement it was 16v but i was sure. they checked the reg plate and it says 16v but i asked them to check the engine serial number.

then they noticed it was an 8v engine. (which i think is blatantly obvious if you only open the bonnet. )

what i need to know is: is there any difference in value between 8v and 16v engines because she is demanding they replace the car and they say there is no difference. i trust nobody so i want another opinion.

thanks for any reply. and make sure you check everything when you buy from vospers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i dont know if there is any difference but i think you best plan is go to
Trading standards agency or even C A B and see what they say
all the best Don

J

·
0 Posts
There'll be about 15% performance difference. The 8v has one valve per cylinder, the 16v has 2 per cylinder. More air in etc.

So yes, value is different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would think if the advertised it as 16v, then they don't have a leg to stand on. As your mum, i would say is entitled to a full refunds including the money she has paid for repairs. They have mis-sold the vehicle and as such definatly think you should report them to trading standards and get legal advise from C.A.B you may also want to inform the dvla about this as well. As they have a duty of car to check the vehicle matches its V5. good luck let us Now how you get on and stand your ground, don't give a inch till you get the correct result.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
best person to speak to about this is chopper he is a fountain of knowledge on this sorta stuff... but i would safely assume you can get a refund...although as a retailer they can offer a refund but refuse a sale to give you another car.

J

·
0 Posts
So what branch of Vospers??
I would tell anyone to stay clear of them around here, completely useless with no customer experience at all... having said that, they aren't Peugeot dealers though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts