Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I did look but didn't find anything.

Anyone had a problem with their sat nav when inputting addresses by voice.
I press the voice control button and it tells me what to do. When I try and do this, it comes back and says "inputting addresses by voice control is not available in this country"

Any ideas anyone please?

Grumpy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I did look but didn't find anything.

I press the voice control button and it tells me what to do. When I try and do this, it comes back and says "inputting addresses by voice control is not available in this country"

Any ideas anyone please?

Grumpy
probably something to do with you being in Norfolk :eek: I also used to live in Norfolk but escaped (joke) I actually go back most years.

Can you tell us exactly what you say after pressing the voice control button.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tell,

you may have hit the nail on the head! It's got to be something to do with my Norfolk accent!!

I just say Navigate then say the address ie; "Downing Street, London"..

I tried saying the postcode but that don't work either:nono:

Grumpy

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi Tell,

you may have hit the nail on the head! It's got to be something to do with my Norfolk accent!!

I just say Navigate then say the address ie; "Downing Street, London"..

I tried saying the postcode but that don't work either:nono:

Grumpy
Doesn't work for me either. I assumed it wasn't available in the UK.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This has been brought up before Grumpy, I've been here a long time though and have a good memory.

When I was in France, if I set my country as France for an address in France and spoke in English I had the same response as you.

Speaking in French resulted in my command being recognised.

Setting the country to England for an address in England resulted in the same response as you had as did speaking in French.

Something like that anyway and it involved changing languages etc.

I think it was Lee I was having the discussion with and he was unable to set an address using voice control but wondered whether a firmware update would solve the problem.

If no one else comes up with an answer I''l go out to my car later and give it a go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Dealer demo'd destination input by voice on the test drive I took?

Now... I heard him saying stuff, and I think I heard it accept it, after a bit of rigmarole, but I'm assuming it worked? Maybe it didn't and he ended up manually selecting a stored favourite or something, while I was focused on other things?

·
Registered
853 Posts

Any ideas anyone please?

Grumpy
Voice navigation does work. Your vehicles systems are probably still set to France. Go into the navigation system and start entering an address. You will probably see FR in the top right hand corner. Touch this and then choose UK from the list.

Once you've done that try the voice navigation again...it should work. It does on mine and mine has the original firmware and maps that have never been updated.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Any ideas anyone please?

Grumpy
Yep, definitely works in the Uk now, so maybe firmware update is needed or try Yorky's solution.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Voice navigation does work. Your vehicles systems are probably still set to France. Go into the navigation system and start entering an address. You will probably see FR in the top right hand corner. Touch this and then choose UK from the list.

Once you've done that try the voice navigation again...it should work. It does on mine and mine has the original firmware and maps that have never been updated.
Well done Yorky,

I just went outside to check and you was right. It was set on France..

Changed it to UK and hey presto.. :)

Yet another triumph for this forum and all who sail in her:nod:

Thanks all for your input.

Grumpy

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Registered
136 Posts
The exact same thing happened when I picked the wife's car up..it work for voice..then they went through the tomtom set-up...all working but when I tried voice it gave that same message..this happens when you reset the profile..it defaults back to French and has to be set back to English.....

Cheers

·
Registered
408 Posts
So have you been able to setup an address by voice using the postcode only ?

If yes, what is the exact sentence you used please ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just tried and seems voice navigation by postcode is not something you can do..only Street name and city unless you have a location address stored by name then your supposed to be able to say navigate to <contact> although not tried that method .

Saying help navigation seems to list all possible options...

Cheers

Martin

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Mine is set to UK, but I still can't input destination by voice. My car was built at the end of February, and the dealer now has a specific update for Voice Navigation (dated April). Maybe my car was built before this update was available, and will need to be done by me or the dealer??

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can update it yourself as Myself and many others have on this forum but if you don't feel comfortable doing this and they garage have acknowledged there is an update and they will do it FOC then let them sort it out. I'm not aware of Voice control on navigation needing an update to actually work.

what version is installed ?

what is the response you get from the nav when you ask it to navigate to .....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
When we had the earlier discussion Lee, I hadn't updated the firmware, it was working in France for French speakers but not in the UK for English and French speakers. Update is definitely the answer.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Think you are right Chris. It's not a big deal, and I find it easier and quicker to input address by postcode. I'll get it updated at some point, but I'll leave it to the dealer. With updates being issued regularly, you could eventually end up sitting in the car with the engine running for ages every couple of weeks. Maybe having them done annually at sevice times is a good idea, unless you don't want to wait, and feel confident doing it. Knowing me I'd probably mess it up!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Postcode are so well thought in Britain.
I travel a lot by car and I simply need my set of postcodes, it's awesome ! :)

I would love to be able to do "navigate to postcode WA12 3QZ".

Reactions: Jill
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.