Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to input addresses using the voice control button, but found it really inaccurate. I find it comes up with destinations that sound nothing like what I said, and wondered if anybody else has had success. I spoke slowly, don't have an accent, and frankly ended up rather disappointed by how crap it actually was.

· Registered
544 Posts
I wonder if it has to get used to the way you talk Lee! I did an update on my iPhone a few days ago and it made me keep repeating certain phrases to Siri so that it could get used to my voice. Perhaps this is the same! Obviously I've not got my car yet so I can't try it out but it will be interesting to try.

· Registered
857 Posts
I had a quick play with voice control and put my home address in, no problem there. Also tried navigating to a contact by voice control and that worked. I tried the voice control on the radio and the only problem there was remembering to say the full title of the station...BBC Radio 1 for example and not just Radio 1.

I've a typical Yorkshire accent and used normal speech.

· Registered
683 Posts
I haven't tried to do an address by voice, I've tried navigate to contact then name which works well for me, I'll try tomorrow and do a address by voice and let you know.

· Registered
683 Posts
You probably have to pronounce all your words properly, not saying you don't, every word precise and Chrystal clear. When I saw the Peugeot video of what's his face the French guy in a suite you know, he said a address and it worked perfectly. Set the language to French and try lol

· Registered
408 Posts
I've tried to input addresses using the voice control button, but found it really inaccurate. I find it comes up with destinations that sound nothing like what I said, and wondered if anybody else has had success. I spoke slowly, don't have an accent, and frankly ended up rather disappointed by how crap it actually was.
Yes agree! she does like navigate home! addresses by voice is painful.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I never got used to the voice control of my Focus and it controlled a lot more features than the 3008’s. It was necessary to remember the exact command required and for somebody not using the system very often this became a challenge and usually ended up in a heated exchange and ultimate humiliation of being ignored.

Voice entry for an address required an exact response and the slightest mistake would mean starting over again so manual entry was always the easiest option. Take me home or to a favourite or to a restaurant nearby etc. worked fine for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.