Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I recently took delivery of my new 3008 GT Line. Only had it a week and absolutely love it so far.
I had the Visio Park 2 as an option, so the last couple of days I thought i would give the parking assistant a go in the car park at work. I activate the parking assistant and drive until it says ok, i then drive forward as instructed until it tells me to stop and put it in reverse. i then start reversing expecting the car to take over and steer for me but nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong or can anyone offer some advice on getting it to work please?

I don't think i will use it that much in the future to be honest as I find it really easy to park. I'm just curious to see it in action.

Many Thanks in advance

2.0HDi 3008 GT Line Magnetic Blue

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I only used it once, but I think you need to press "OK" after the system finds a suitable spot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried to use it once in a really busy car park and I'm fairly sure it got completely confused and was going to try and park in a space where there was already a car :confused:

That was a bay. I then tried it to parallel park about a week later just for the sake of it but it just didn't seem to want to do anything. I thought it may be because there wasn't a second car to create a space (I.E there was just the car I pulled up next to) but maybe I didn't press 'OK' or something.

Doubt I'll try and use it again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine works fine. I use it probably every other day and not had any issues. But once the screen tells you it has found a space it should only be a case in selecting a gear I've never had to select ok on my screen?

Just be careful if you use it to get out of a parallel space as it will release control of the vehicle to you quite quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use it quite often. It has some flaws but in general it's OK. You don't have to click OK after it finds a space. Just follow the instructions.

When you use it you have to activate it slightly before the front of your car reaches the free space. You select a type of space (bay/parallel), turn on the indicator and drive slowly, after it recognises the space you have to drive forward a bit and then switch to reverse and let the car do its job.

Just remember that is has some limitations:
- you have to keep the indicator on while scanning the space.
- you can't drive too fast
- you have to be no further than 1.5m away from the parked cars
- the space can't be too narrow (has to be larger than 110% of the lenght of your car)
- the space can't be too big
- it doesn't handle well parking on a pavement (it stops automatic procedure when one of the wheels hit the curb)
- it's not very useful in traffic, as you have to drive forward further than other drivers would expect.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ah yes, well, you should never argue with your inner child.
I'm lucky though - I have an inner AND an outer child! At least that's what her indoors says.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I tried it again in the car park at work. It worked but not very well, but there weren't many cars in the car park at the time so I will try it again when there is a car either side of me.
I don't think I was driving forward enough before putting the car in reverse.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visio 2

Hi I have just picked up my new 2018 3008 GT and have been trying out its features, on the spec it says it should have visio2 360 degree camera and park assist but I can not figure out where and how to use it, any advice would be great

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Did you order these as an option as they are not standard features on the GT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't realise I had to as in brochure and spec list I have it read as this was a standard feature of the GT, in the spec list it had a black dot next to it, which read as standard and on the description of what the difference between the GT line premium and GT this was one of the things listed,

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I didn't realise I had to as in brochure and spec list I have it read as this was a standard feature of the GT, in the spec list it had a black dot next to it, which read as standard and on the description of what the difference between the GT line premium and GT this was one of the things listed,
I think you are looking at the updated (May) price list and spec which now gives the GT additional features. If you ordered your car before this, I'm affraid it will not have what were options as standard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts