Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Take delivery tomorrow... so can tell more soon....

It had a front camera (no side cameras) and patches together a top down view using those two camera feeds.

Also gives a wide screen front view for peeping round corners, and park assist.

· Registered
857 Posts
Just has front and back cameras no side ones. I've found them handy in tight places but the front view for when you pull out of a confined space is well distorted and the mk 1 eyeball is probably better.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

· Registered
620 Posts
The side images are done by sticking together the picture of what the camera(s) have seen already.

So if you have the visio 1 '180' pack you see behind live and as the car drives backwards it uses the footage to show you what is beside of you (it knows how much you have moved so alters the picture accordingly). However this only works when reversing

The visio 2 '360' it shows you as you drive forward at slow speed as well.

There is no seperate camera showing the sides - they are basically painted onto a canvas from the front/back cameras, then as you drive the canvas moves under you. If the system has not driven over ground then you will get black areas. This is probably more common on the single '180' camera (rear only).

I've managed to get into small spaces by reversing with the camera and the front and back parking sensors.

· Registered
683 Posts
Nick has described it perfectly I think, it really is rather good. Park assist on the other hand by the time I have faffed about with it I could have parked myself and been half way to where I was going. It maybe handy however for getting out of a tight space when you have parallel parked.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Answers

Thank you for the great descriptions / info my last car had 4 cameras which was great so I was a little concerned 2 might not work that well and maybe not worth the extra cost, however I now feel I made the right option adding Visio 2

· Registered
620 Posts
Thank you for the great descriptions / info my last car had 4 cameras which was great so I was a little concerned 2 might not work that well and maybe not worth the extra cost, however I now feel I made the right option adding Visio 2
The camera works well in low light, you'll see people walking behind you but you will not see them walking beside in realtime.

· Registered
683 Posts
I will add some on the French forums don't like the 2 camera setup at all, some say the image quality is not good and has bad lag, this is my first car with any form of 360 so I have nothing to compare and haven't noticed any of the above. It may well be that on early cars there may have been a problem which has been fixed, Michaelss as your last 4 cars had 4 camera's you may notice a degradation of the image quality of the 3008, it is as said very good. I suspect although 2 camera software rendering will never beat a proper 4 camera setup, I just wanted to make this clear and I am sure you will be happy with the 3008 setup.

· Registered
204 Posts
Had my 3008 only one day, but first impressions of Visio 2 are very good.

The above view camera gives a very good downwards view of the car and its surroundings - very helpful for parking the car, and on par with the Nissan 4 camera set up.

Have not used park assist or front 180 view yet...it's only been one day! But so far very pleased with this feature.

· Registered
204 Posts
Have now used the park assist function, and have to say it is very good.

the screen prompts are quite intuitive and straight forward and did the job perfectly.

The whole process was relatively quick and smooth - could be quite handy for those tight spaces or for those that are not confident parkers.

The 180 degree front camera is not quite as helpful however, whilst functional, the display is not HD and to be practical you need to be able to see far down the road for oncoming traffic, which is not really possible. I've tried it a couple of times but have gone back to the old fashioned looking out the window method!

The bird eye view is the most helpful of the features. when parking on side of a road this morning, it was really helpful in ensuring the front end of the car was not over the double yellow line, which was not visible from the window or door mirrors.

I'm pleased I got this feature :thumb:

· Registered
84 Posts
Good to know. I used the 360' camera and parking assist on the QQ quite often and was hoping the 3008 version would live up to that at least. Guess the only advantage was the QQ has the luxury of 4 cameras, whereas the 3008 has just 2, so firing up from a standing start you can't see your surroundings until you move and the camera maps the terrain.

· Registered
204 Posts
Good to know. I used the 360' camera and parking assist on the QQ quite often and was hoping the 3008 version would live up to that at least. Guess the only advantage was the QQ has the luxury of 4 cameras, whereas the 3008 has just 2, so firing up from a standing start you can't see your surroundings until you move and the camera maps the terrain.
Agreed four cameras would probably be better, but the two camera set up still does the job very well.

Bare are in mind most of the time it is used, the car has already been moving, so the picture has already "built up" around the middle section when you need it. Like you say its the standing start where the limitations of two cameras are evident.

· Registered
84 Posts
Just had a thought, what mechanically or electronically are they adding to the car for this feature to work?

I just had a random thought that it's probably there for everyone and just needs a laptop and a button press to turn it on lol!

· Registered
765 Posts
Just had a thought, what mechanically or electronically are they adding to the car for this feature to work?

I just had a random thought that it's probably there for everyone and just needs a laptop and a button press to turn it on lol!
A forward facing camera and the loom connecting it into the cars systems I guess. Could try pricing up both those parts and see if it's cheaper.

· Registered
53 Posts
Hi all

Picked up my motor on Wednesday and loving it.
However, a big niggle for me is the Visio 2 operation.

When I put the gear in reverse, rear camera is fine when reversing.
When I put the gear in Neutral or Drive (auto), then nothing.

But when I first enter reverse and then goto Neutral or Drive the front camera works. Have I overlooked something in it's operation?

Does some zooming as I go up my fairly steep drive at home which I detest. I believe this can be changed to standard view from auto, but settings are not saved.

Cheers

· Registered
67 Posts
When I put the gear in reverse, rear camera is fine when reversing.
When I put the gear in Neutral or Drive (auto), then nothing.

But when I first enter reverse and then goto Neutral or Drive the front camera works. Have I overlooked something in it's operation?
That's how it works, rear camera comes on when reverse selected and front camera comes on for about 5 seconds when going from reverse to drive. You can also put the front camera on by pressing the key with the car on it and about the 3rd item from the top (can't remember the title of it, but it's obvious) and it will stay on until you switch off or go above a certain speed.

· Registered
53 Posts
That's how it works, rear camera comes on when reverse selected and front camera comes on for about 5 seconds when going from reverse to drive. You can also put the front camera on by pressing the key with the car on it and about the 3rd item from the top (can't remember the title of it, but it's obvious) and it will stay on until you switch off or go above a certain speed.
Ummmmm!!

Have to go into the menu when I start the car to disable stop/start when I get in the car.. (Had 8 years of stop/start cars..all had a disable/enable switch)

Now I've got to go into the menu again everytime I get home, to set standard screen of vis2 as I attempt to squeeze up our narrow drive....:mad:

Suppose there is one solution....Go up the blinkin drive backwards.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.