Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I work for VM, I thought I can help some fellow members of this forum.

If anyone want's to get a great Virgin Media deal, I can offer Mates Rates to anyone that want's it. You will need to live in a cabled area and be a new customer. Anyone interested please send me a PM.

If your not sure that you live in a cabled area you can check here: http://store.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode

·
11,711 Posts
I've just moved to a non cabled area, and they charged me a £150 early disconnection fee so they're not in my good books at the moment.

I wouldn't mind, but I've been a customer since 1999, way back when it was Telewest.

·
5,011 Posts
I've just moved to a non cabled area, and they charged me a £150 early disconnection fee so they're not in my good books at the moment.

I wouldn't mind, but I've been a customer since 1999, way back when it was Telewest.
yep i agree Gibbo like this post they are only interested in NEW customers. like you we've been with them since the start.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have also had bad experience with them. I called to enquire if I could get it in my area and the cost. Didn't commit to anything. Next thing I have a letter come telling me the date they are coming to install it. Went with plus net in the end and haven't looked back since.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would love to have it, only im in Milton Keynes where cable no longer exists.

They have however now got massive posters on every other bus stop in Milton Keynes at the moment advertising 200mb fibre...

Kinda seems like a waste of money advertising here lol!

·
5,630 Posts

I know of someone that happened too it was a few years ago and he got off of the payment.

He stated that the contract worked both ways he wanted to continue with Virgin and for them to provide a feed at his new house.

As it was in a non cable area they said they could not supply so he said they were in breach of contact see you in court if you want the money they agreed to terminate with non charges

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paur, I know VM has fiber in MK but I don't know why they don't have a network. something to do with the council not letting them dig up the roads..

Gibbo, I personally wouldn't move anywhere that doesn't have VM, I'm sorry you had to pay to get out of your contract, but like any contract you agreed with it. Once again it's personal preferance as the broadband is so good and nowadays you rely on it.

Offer is still available to anyone interested.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'll politely decline!

I got cable when it was NYNEX and the service was pretty good then eventually along came Virgin. Virgin Media screwed me something rotten back when high speed broadband was 40 meg. I was paying through the nose and being permanently throttled at 6 meg. I cancelled and went to sky. With sky's ADSL I was getting faster speeds of 7.5 meg (best I can get on ADSL) than I was getting off Virgin's 40 meg cable.

When I decided to leave Sky I contacted Virging and agreed a price for a package, they sent me a contract to sign which was a higher monthly cost than agreed. I contacted them and they said they had made a mistake and would send a new contract with the agrred costs. The new contract arrived and was identical to the original so I rang them and told them to forget it. If they think they can screw you before you sign the contract then what will they get up to when you are tied to them for two years.

Virgin Media is not a company I would trust and would never entertain signing up with them ever again even if they gave it all for free. I'll stick with BT Infinity 2. Only 70 meg but more than fast enough to support my downloading/streaming on my pc, streaming Netflix/Amazon Prime HD content to the TV and also 3 smartphones, two ipods, a tablet and two laptops all connecting to the internet at the same time. Plus BT's prices are better as most of what Virgin & sky charge for I never use and BT's customer service far outshines Virgin Media's which or me is what I pay the money for.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Been with Virgin for ages since they started upgrading everything been having nothing but problems

I ring up every month to get compensation for high utilisation faults which has been going on for 4 months now and the fix date keeps getting moved :nono:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I helped a couple of members on the forum get a really good discount so far. Offer is still available.

Also for anyone that has a business and would like to get Virgin Media Business broadband and/or phone, I can reffer them and save them 50 pounds.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Guessing you are getting some kind of referral bonus.

Most responses to your initial post have been about bad experiences with Virgin Media and just like the telephone support they are skipped over in an effort to bring more people in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gibbo, I did say this is just me, personally, you don't need to agree with me.

Storeman, as you know, it is most likely for people to complain rather than to say how good a provider is. For the 6 years that I had Virgin and I only had problems with the service twice when there was a problem in the area which got fixed within a day. I'm not going to say that Virgin is briliant, but in my case, it works really well.

This thread was never setup for people to complain or say how brilliant their service is, it's just to help people out. There is an incetive for myself, but it's not about that. It's just a contribution to the forum, the same as other people helping me with my car problems.

Hope I can help others as I've already done for other people.

As I work for VM, I thought I can help some fellow members of this forum.

If anyone want's to get a great Virgin Media deal, I can offer Mates Rates to anyone that want's it. You will need to live in a cabled area and be a new customer. Anyone interested please send me a PM.

If your not sure that you live in a cabled area you can check here: http://store.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode

Also for anyone that has a business and would like to get Virgin Media Business broadband and/or phone, I can reffer them and save them 50 pounds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would love to have it, only im in Milton Keynes where cable no longer exists.

They have however now got massive posters on every other bus stop in Milton Keynes at the moment advertising 200mb fibre...

Kinda seems like a waste of money advertising here lol!
Now that's funny. They need to fire the advertising director because that really is wasted money.

But yeah, this market is a very competitive one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts