Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The cassette/radio in our 54 plated 307 lost some of its functions a while ago so I needed to replace it. Probably made the wrong decision but I went for a second hand one (to ensure the stick and CD changer still worked).

The radio has been programmed with the VIN number of the car, however when I plugged it in although it worked fine all stations, stick control etc I got the dreaded 4 second loud beeps.

I queried with the local Peugeot dealer and they said that the problem was that the BSI? would not be compatible with the new radio and I would need to buy a new radio instead.

I thought that if it was VIN coded it would work OK - if anyone has any suggestions it would be great to here them. thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Epwesley said:
Hi,

The cassette/radio in our 54 plated 307 lost some of its functions a while ago so I needed to replace it. Probably made the wrong decision but I went for a second hand one (to ensure the stick and CD changer still worked).

The radio has been programmed with the VIN number of the car, however when I plugged it in although it worked fine all stations, stick control etc I got the dreaded 4 second loud beeps.

I queried with the local Peugeot dealer and they said that the problem was that the BSI? would not be compatible with the new radio and I would need to buy a new radio instead.

I thought that if it was VIN coded it would work OK - if anyone has any suggestions it would be great to here them. thanks
hi, peugeot is talking rubbish! the beeping noise is there because the stereo has NOT been vin coded, maybe they didn't put the correct chassis number, go back to where you have done the VIN coding and ask them to do it again!
if you can't sort it out, let me know, i have a couple of cassette players and i can do the VIN coding as well..
regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.