Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there

Having recently bought a 54 plate 407 SE Hdi I have been playin around with the multimedia system inside.
I have a few queries if anyone can help

1) I have found video mode. I insert a DVD but the screen is blank. Anyone know why and if so how can I use video mode??

2) Does anyone know where I can get an updated Sat Nav disc?

3) Is there any way of storing phone numbers into the car itself and making calls from it? If so, how?

4) What is the voice control and how does it work?

5) Can the multimedia unit be used as a TV? Apparently it can be unlocked to do so??

I cant think of anything else right now. I am an intelligent lad but the book just sent me west!

I love forums like this, theyre a real bonus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
davey_weir said:
Hi there

Having recently bought a 54 plate 407 SE Hdi I have been playin around with the multimedia system inside.
I have a few queries if anyone can help

1) I have found video mode. I insert a DVD but the screen is blank. Anyone know why and if so how can I use video mode??

2) Does anyone know where I can get an updated Sat Nav disc?

3) Is there any way of storing phone numbers into the car itself and making calls from it? If so, how?

4) What is the voice control and how does it work?

5) Can the multimedia unit be used as a TV? Apparently it can be unlocked to do so??

I cant think of anything else right now. I am an intelligent lad but the book just sent me west!

I love forums like this, theyre a real bonus.
u want to watch a dvd? isnt there a dvd button? try using a dvd that istn copy from ur pc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried originals and copies and neither of them work. So is video mode useless? Has anyone else got it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
davey_weir said:
I have tried originals and copies and neither of them work. So is video mode useless? Has anyone else got it?
peugeot have disabled this function due to health and safety rules.. as soon as the car drives, it sends a signal to the unit and the picture goes blank..

I have read in other forum that folk have hacked it on a 807 but never got round doing it..

if you need any help, give us a shout.. Im gonna have a look at thier process as 807 have the same RT3 systems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotcruz said:
peugeot have disabled this function due to health and safety rules.. as soon as the car drives, it sends a signal to the unit and the picture goes blank..

I have read in other forum that folk have hacked it on a 807 but never got round doing it..

if you need any help, give us a shout.. Im gonna have a look at thier process as 807 have the same RT3 systems
I dont even get a picture to go blank when the car drives!!! Yeah please do and get back to me.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
You can make calls by putting a sim card into the slot on the dash . I use a pay as you go card (cost £10) which has a unique number, but you could put your mobile sim card into the dash. If you use a new sim card , first put your mobile sim card into the dash and load in your contacts. Then put in the new card and it should synchronise the two...cant remember if you have to do anything ...just look at the menus. I prsume you have the colour display RT 3?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi, I have the RT4 system and the same applies.

Reading the handbook "be it very vage" it does state that it will not play MP4 files.
What it dont state is if you can play a DVD...like to now myself.

"Hands Free phone"

I put a pay as you go sim in and it works all contacts are on the directory. But when i use the Stalk to activate speach sythesis and say call it just replies directory empty....anyone now how to get this to work.

Hills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
davey_weir said:
Hi there

Having recently bought a 54 plate 407 SE Hdi I have been playin around with the multimedia system inside.
I have a few queries if anyone can help

1) I have found video mode. I insert a DVD but the screen is blank. Anyone know why and if so how can I use video mode??

2) Does anyone know where I can get an updated Sat Nav disc?

3) Is there any way of storing phone numbers into the car itself and making calls from it? If so, how?

4) What is the voice control and how does it work?

5) Can the multimedia unit be used as a TV? Apparently it can be unlocked to do so??

I cant think of anything else right now. I am an intelligent lad but the book just sent me west!

I love forums like this, theyre a real bonus.

where are you putting the dvd disc, it doesnt go in the head unit, depending on model of 407 you will find 3 RCA (Phono sockets) in the upper rear of the glove box, (not all 407s with the RT3 system have the option) you connect an external dvd player to these, this switches off the video over 6mph though, voice commands are activated via the switch at the end of the indicator stalk, you will need to look in your hand book for the commands, an appropriate tv tuner with the correct outputs should work, e-bay will be your best bet

the link below gives instructions on how to modify the screen to work while driving

http://peugeotdata.eu/data/rt3moduk.htm
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top