Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:( It started off with the clutch pedal been very stiff when the engine was not running, then yesterday when I was driving/and at rest, I could feel a vibration coming through the clutch pedal when using it! And you can hear a slight noise coming from lets say under the bonnet. The gears are going in ok! She as done 60,000 miles, So what could it be??????? Thanks in advance, :thumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds like your clutch is on its way out if its hard to press the clutch and you can hear noises from under the bonnet, does it go into gear any easier with the engine off? if so id say its your clutch.

I had my clutch plate fail on my 55 plate 206 1.4 hdi, had exactly the same symptoms as yours has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the clutch is so stiff when the engine is not on I'm not sure if it goes in gear when engine is off, but it goes in gear running.Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
185 Posts
When the engine is not running you should be able to select gears without the clutch, if you can select the gears then it rules out the gearbox being at fault, I'd say your gearbox is going to have to come off either way before you know the extent of the damage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts