Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently replacing the pads and discs on the OH's 3008 due to vibration felt under braking and i'm looking for some advise.

Firstly the pads only appear half worn and discs hardly touched so I am on the right track thinking the discs may be warped?

Secondly, while the pad on the front of the disc came out with no problems the one on the rear or the disc took more than a little persuasion. Furthermore I'm finding it impossible to refit the new pad unless I discard one of the spring clips?!

Any thoughts on whats preventing the new pad fitting and also anything else I need to be looking out for in terms of the overall cause of the initial vibration?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,745 Posts
Dunno about your initial problem really but as far as fitting the new ones go I've found some pads need the paint sanded off the tabs to get them to fit, especially aftermarket ones. But be careful not to take too much off or they will knock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno about your initial problem really but as far as fitting the new ones go I've found some pads need the paint sanded off the tabs to get them to fit, especially aftermarket ones. But be careful not to take too much off or they will knock
Yep that pretty much seems to be the advice I'm seeing elsewhere at the moment so i'm going to go for that and see how it goes - thanks

·
5,630 Posts
Clean the caliper pad mounts first as it could be rust and dust build up on the caliper slots

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've never really liked Pagid/Mintex/Textar (All part of TMD friction). Friction material feels wooden and usually doesn't come with the antivibration material on the back of the pads. Sometimes, it doesn't even come brake hardware.

Brake discs rarely warp anyway. What you normally get is uneven pad transfer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts