Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Expert 1.9TD

The whole instrument cluster works fine, all clocks, speedo, gauges work as you would expect. However today I noticed that once the ignition is switched off, the odometer always resets to 78,334 miles and the trip resets to 1480 everytime! They both clock up miles on journeys but reset to this once swiched off. I've also noticed that the clock stops working when the ignition is off.

This to me seems really odd - anyone help?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....just to add. I've found out elsewhere that its sounds from the symptoms that the BSI is at fault....HOWEVER this model being a 1999 does not have a bsi control module, so again I'm scatching my head at this one....

Thanks for reading

G

·
Was just about to suggest a bsi reset as well!

That is a strange one, will shout if i see anything that might be of help :thumb:

Edit: this was reccomended for a 2000 model....

First re-boot the dash by pulling fuse 11 and then refitting it with the key on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply Stubbo,

I think I need to establish where the odometer data is stored on the earlier models, hopefully its just the instrument cluster board itself....but apparently I'd have more chance of finding Bin Laden than a 2nd hand one. :confused:

G

·
the milage will be stored in the cluster itself, the 2000 models dont have a BSI either so i'd give the reset a try before you go on the hunt for a new one!

(not 100% sure the fuse number is the same as yours, should be though!)

there are a few breaking on ebay if you need to go this route... i.e

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/peugeot-exper...s_SM?hash=item4147ded35f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Also i think the citroen dispatch parts are interchangeable with an expert, so you might find one of those somewhere!

1999 citroen dispatch dash pic attached

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, anything is worth a shot. I did email about 8 breakers on ebay but all sold. Just found one on parts finder for £56.00 delivered so will have that one if the fuse 11 reset doesn't work.

Just been out to the van, only a few fuses are numbered and typically fuse 11 I can't see, its in an awkward position so hard to see the numbers on the row furthest away. If anyone has a diagram or a manual if they can post details of the whereabouts of this fuse I would be most grateful

Strange, today it clocked up 3 miles on the odometer even though I did a lot more, it now resets to 78337 everytime I switch it off. Weird.

G

·
Diagram attached, while we are on fuses have you checked them all to make sure none are blown?

If it was mine i'd just go for the jugular and disconnect the battery instead, how it'd respond when you reconnect the batttery with the ignition on i dont know however!

Like i said, i'd take the gamble, i'm not reccomending you do it that way though! definately worth checking all fuses :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the diagram, unfortunately it doesn't really relate to my fusebox though :confused:

I disconnected the battery this afternoon then connected it back up with the ignition on which made no difference :nono: Earlier this morning it clocked up another 20miles on a 50 mile journey...seems to work whenever it wants to.

Change the whole instrument cluster next, fingers crossed... I'll update this thread for future reference in case any others have similar problems.

Thanks again for your help and advice - much appreciated. :thumb:

G

·
Just out of interest are you selling this van?

I'd keep it as it is until i came to sell it if mine was doing that :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, im keeping it - good idea lol :thumb:

Anyway, i've noticed now that it tends to clock up most journeys over say 15-20 miles. It just doesnt memorise the shorter journeys which isnt too bad - wish my car would do it too :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
the milage will be stored in the cluster itself, the 2000 models dont have a BSI either so i'd give the reset a try before you go on the hunt for a new one!

(not 100% sure the fuse number is the same as yours, should be though!)

there are a few breaking on ebay if you need to go this route... i.e

peugeot expert 1 9 diesel van BREAKING FOR SPARES | eBay

Also i think the citroen dispatch parts are interchangeable with an expert, so you might find one of those somewhere!

1999 citroen dispatch dash pic attached
Hi,I am new to all this forum stuff, so I apologise if I am out of order in asking you this question in the wrong place. I have a Peogeut Partner 2000 1.8 D .The problem is similar to the above but I get no movement from my odometer or trip counter. All else is working great. Speedo, time clock, temp, fuel gauge. But nothing at all from speedo, trip counter. I have tried resetting bsi,but from what I have just read there isn't one in this car.I cannot put it in for ot's MOT until I get this sorted. I cannot get it taxed for same reason. I tried another one from a scrap yard, it came up with the same fault.
I hope someone can help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Speedometer is not part of the MOT test so will not result in a fail. My van Speedo stopped working a few years ago and has just been MOTed for the fourth time with the same mileage showing. I just use my Sat Nav as my speedometer. It may not be legal but will not stop you getting your MOT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ODOMETER HAS NO LIFE. pp600, 2000

i thought that when the van/car was placed on the roiling road it would tell that the odo was not working. Also what's to stop people replacing clocks with ones with a lower mileage/ Km thus cheating people when reselling. I am just looking to find out WHY the odo & the trip meter are not working & can this be resolved.I have tried a different dash but it has not resolved the situation.
CAN I SOLVE THIS WITHOUT GOING TO A MAIN DEALER ETC???:tantrum:

Thanks for your help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts