Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, I was wondering if any of you experts could help me on a niggling issue I have with my 407 2.0Hdi Zenith.

Recently in the last couple of weeks I've noticed a whistling noise, like someone whistling through their teeth. I know what your all thinking "TURBO ISSUES" BUT here's the funny thing. It doesn't happen when accelerating. I'll try to explain it as best I can.

I drive down the road in 2nd gear, I'm accelerating and no noise, I lift off because there's a speed bump coming up and that's when it whistles. It's always when I take my foot off the pedal to slow down or coast. It sounds like it's coming from the front of the car.

The car has done about 104k and I know very little about it's service history, but I have blanked the EGR valve and it's had a recent service with new oils and filters. It's also not long past it's MOT with no advisories. It also recently had both rear wheel bearings done.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. My first thought was that maybe it could be the clutch engaging properly under load and slipping when not? Possible? No idea.

Thanks

Rob.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts? I'm due to go to Manchester on Monday from Anglesey for a funeral and don't really want a breakdown. If any of you guys have any opinions before I take out breakdown cover or hire a car just in case.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If it starts when you lift off, could it be from a dump valve releasing the turbo pressure (I don't know whether your engine has one)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem! Is this the water gate clip issue? I am.gojng to make a video, what i did notice was the boost went above 21 psi ( and it causes a fault) i read that this is a blocked waste system?

I recently had a dpf delete, a blocked dpf has almost killed the car. Any ideas applicated also

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will do! My typos sorry!

The mechanic said they spent 34 hours working it out and was getting it to a point where the car would need pulling apart more than they could rebuild in a day so we never got to the bottom of it . From what i have read a blocked dpf might have sent everything under pressure maybe

·
3,015 Posts
sounds like a turbo to manifold gasket/manifold to head/egr gasket/inlet gasket....any of those
ps...what about a pin hole in the turbo to intercooler pipes or the intercooler itself?

·
Registered
22 Posts
to me i would say that is just and blow off if that have them. But im new to 407's only had one 4 days and its not even roadworthy yet.. Next weekend fingers crossed

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you connect the car to a reader it shows boost as over 21 psi and will trigger high voltage in turbo sensor error. Is this my map or as i have read boost at this level is something blocked

·
Registered
22 Posts
the serviced and everything is spot on mate car runs sweet as apart for the PAS fluid. we know this for sure as the inlaw works at the taxi company we brought it from. got me a banger of a deal for £50 lol!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice one reaper. I have been told this blowing is the waste side but it's a lot of work to get to it. Some heat shield is rattling so I'm gonna get them rebuild everything. Get a elm327 Bluetooth dongle for 3 quid off eBay

·
Registered
65 Posts
You say the car makes the whistling noise when you take your foot off the petrol pedal.
Is the car still in gear when you hear the whistling noise?
If it is, take it out of gear & see if it still makes that same noise, then try the same thing when the car is stationary, when the engine is hot & when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice one reaper. I have been told this blowing is the waste side but it's a lot of work to get to it. Some heat shield is rattling so I'm gonna get them rebuild everything. Get a elm327 Bluetooth dongle for 3 quid off eBay
already have a odb2 reader mate!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts