Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
My esp / abs sensor warning flashed, did so last November for a couple of days, then disappeared.....so I let it go...

Last week, warning comes on again, for 4 days in a row]... I thought, right, the sensor has gone completely now, so will have to get it changed before MOT [ two weeks time]

Phoned the mechanic, booked it for a check over, and noticed front n/ side wheel needing air.......went out and pumped wheel.......warning went off....and hasn"t been back on since!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Can a slightly deflated tyre throw the esp / abs warning up:confused:

Now I"m watching / waiting as the countdown to MOT looms...dunno really what to do!!!

Cliff

C

·
0 Posts
Cliff Mc Ilwee said:
Can a slightly deflated tyre throw the esp / abs warning up:confused:
Cliff
Yes, because the partially deflated tyre will potentially be turning at a different rate to the fully inflated one, and this differential in speed between the 2 wheels will make the car think the wheel is locking or slipping.

Naughty boy for not keeping on top of your pressures ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Our Leon went bloody mental when we changed the front tyres because of the tyre pressure monitors! Works by using the abs sensors too!

She'll be rightly Cliff! Send her on in! :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chopper,
Thanks very much for that......still no warnings, and the backs of my hands are red from a darn good slapping:D

Stevo.......Hi mate..how"s the Volvo treating you???, what colour is it, I"ll keep an eye out for ya??

Cliff

J

·
0 Posts
I had my ESP/ASR warning flash up, and go away. Then later it came on and stayed on. When this error was on, the cruise control wouldn't work. Source of the problem was a faulty brake light switch, which does make sense why the cruise control wouldn't work if this wasn't working properly, but not sure why the ESP/ASR would come up from this :confused: . Anyway, upgraded brake light switch fitted (apparently Peugeot know they can be a problem and have modified the wiring harness), and all been fine since :thumb:
Just another possible line to check.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where is the brake light switch?
I've been having trouble with the ESP/Asr warning and am now having trouble with the brake lights (see my other post)

D

·
0 Posts
The problem is the Wheel speed sensor. They will go on ALL 407's. Even multiple times.
They give loads of trouble!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Folks,
Thanks for all the tips above...

407SW throught MOT, all well....all warnings still off, and will be getting a good service done next month:thumb:

Have her 2 years now:nod:

Cliff

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Cliff Mc Ilwee said:
Folks,
Thanks for all the tips above...

407SW throught MOT, all well....all warnings still off, and will be getting a good service done next month:thumb:

Have her 2 years now:nod:

Cliff
Good stuff :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had an issue with the Tracking Control flashing when turning round left hand bends. This happened last year before the MOT I noticed I had a few worn tyres so replaced all 4 eventually. The front 2 tyres were different sizes to the rear tyres beiing slightly smaller. This meant the wheels were turning very slightly at a different speed. Since the tyre change I have had no repeat of the issue when turning left hand bends

1 - 10 of 10 Posts