Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, hoping someone can help me out here.

The better half has a 51 plate 307 Rapier.. She wants me to replace the stereo with something that she can run her Ipod into. I've changed car stereo's before so I think easy..

I pop down my local To pick up a Kenwood they have on offer and ask about the wiring adapter.. The lass behind the counter starts talking to me about Peugots 'duplex wiring' and how there is a wire that could stop the central locking working etc.. Sounds a bit like nonsense to me but as I've never 'done' a Peugot I thought I better ask a few folks who have.. so I found this site..

...Can I just swap out the stock Stereo and put in something else with an ISO adapter that will also use the remote by the stearing wheel, or will that have some terrible effect on the other electronics?

Any advice appreciated!!

s

G

·
Hi

As you car is an earlier example, you are lucky in that it has standard ISO connector blocks atthe rear.

You will loose the dashboard display and the steering remote - the remote can be used buy usually costs £££ for an interface.

You will also need to be careful with the power supply swithced/perm power, as you would on any install.

The other thing you will probably find is that the head unit will get powered as soon as you open or close a door/boot etc... without the key in the ignition. This is because the body modules powers the supply when its woken up.

Other than that - play away.

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 2003, 307 hdi, I want to put my pioneer stereo in, so do I need to get a harness adaptor for this to fit or will the ones that came with the stereo just plug into the cars cables, I had the stereo in my mk3 mondeo that I had to buy an adaptor from the cars harness that made it into iso ?

G

·
Hi

Your car may be a 100% CAN model.

If so, I believe the wiring is not std ISO at the rear, so you may have a slightly harder install.

If it is a CAN/VAn model, then yes, its an ISO double block. It would still be worth getting an adaptor cable though, so that the bus signals are not carried through to the head unit, plus, give you the options of swapping red/orange if necessary.

David

G

·
2003 will be iso, you may need to swap a few wires for your constant/switched 12v though

You will only need an adapter if you want to use the steering wheel controls with it :thumb:

edit: just noticed david already said all this! a bit slow today i am!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I've found that the cable for the switched live in the standard ISO connector mates up with a BSI controlled live so doesn't turn the radio off until the BSI goes into sleep mode and it switches the radio on as soon as it wakes - i.e. when unlocking the doors or even checking the doors are locked with the remote.

On mine there is an ignition switched live right next to the BSI controlled live so it was a simple matter of moving one cable in the radio ISO connector to get it to work correctly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is this not a FACRA connector block? or am I thinking newer models only?

CAN, can be amended where live 12v supply without CAN are required, you would use the 12v feed to the cigar lighter aux socket (NOT CAN) and wire this in to an always open 30a 4 pin relay unit, this way you will still be able to continue the loom as required but bypass the CAN with the 12v aux supply.

Essential for "Orange" Illumination control on heads units with this optional extra feature, very important for any head with an LCD back lit screen / Monitor as the CAN will cause the screen to flicker because of its pulse signal, this will eventually knacker out an LCD screen.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Is this not a FACRA connector block? or am I thinking newer models only?

CAN, can be amended where live 12v supply without CAN are required, you would use the 12v feed to the cigar lighter aux socket (NOT CAN) and wire this in to an always open 30a 4 pin relay unit, this way you will still be able to continue the loom as required but bypass the CAN with the 12v aux supply.

Essential for "Orange" Illumination control on heads units with this optional extra feature, very important for any head with an LCD back lit screen / Monitor as the CAN will cause the screen to flicker because of its pulse signal, this will eventually knacker out an LCD screen.
51 plate is pre facelift so will be VAN/CAN and ISO connectors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.