Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have picked up a Peugeot 307 2.0 Hdi GLX. It is currently SORN and I was shocked to see the Tax was so high on the renewal form.

I have done a bit of digging and found that it has always been in the incorrect bracket from new!

Looking at the Parkers site and various other sites it shows the 2.0 Hdi GLX in the VED band E (138g/km) however mine has been registered Incorrectly in the I band (180g/km) It would appear to be finger trouble making it a 2.0 Petrol model when registered.

On the V5C it has Diesel car but the body type is also down as SALOON? This should be hatchback. Model is listed as 307 GLX 16v......

Going to send evidence of the actual output and comparison site examples of tax class based on the vehicle to DVLA and ask them to sort it out. Has anybody had any experience of this before. Looking online it looks quite common!

Will sort it before I tax it, 12 months on a band I = £220 however as a band E it will be £125 so quite a divide.

Can the forum confirm that my concern is correct and it is infact in the incorrect bracket? I have no worry the car is a ringer or anything it is just an error with the V5C emmision data. Have a clean HPI from the vehicle in question.

I sent a letter to DVLA today requesting they adjust it inline with its emmision status and send me a V5 with Hatchback and the correct model listing.

Many thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes car is clean just registered under the incorrect bracket from what I can see. Amazes me no previous owner has ever picked up on this. Have a feeling they will request I take it to the local DVLA setup (Exeter) for me but this will be difficult as it is SORN and I dont want to tax it until this is sorted out.

In the meantime I'm going to continue prepping for the MOT and hope that they just adjust it following an enquiry with Peugeot based on the numberplate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can any other owners here just reassure me that the above model is indeed a VED Band E (£68.75 for 6 months) (£125 for 12 months) going by this years rates please?

·
Registered
464 Posts
You could try finding similar cars on autotrader/ebay and stick the reg into the dvla vehicle enquiry....

I checked a Y reg 90 and a 51 reg 110 and they both came back at £125/year

Oddly reg AO57 JUX comes up as £225 but also says 0g/km in emissions and no type approval so maybe yours isn't the only one they screwed up on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have followed links on the parkers website and the year/make/model match the above VED group. Point of asking here is to show that the exact model is infact in that bracket. What the net says is not as good as another owner putting their hand up with the same model and confirming it.

Will be more reassuring to hear it from an owner and not a search engine, will have more weight should I point the DVLA in the direction of this thread should needs be.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not a search engine - photos of the cars on autotrader show the reg (usually) and it's fairly safe to assume that the DVLA knows the tax rates....

·
Registered
464 Posts
True, but it's also true that every single member on these forums who has to tax a car in the UK taxes it based on what the DVLA says is the band. I guarantee you'll be able to find a hell of a lot more cars of the same age/spec etc online than you'll find among the members.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im sure your right I have already done some online detective work hence the letter on the way to DVLA. Point of this thread was to gather additional evidence/support from some like minded enthusiasts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thread may also help someone else out with a car in the incorrect band by highlighting the fact some cars are incorrectly banded. Hopefully it will doubt it is the only one out there.

You know what they say about Assuming anything... It makes an ASS out of U and ME so never assume anything.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Ever considered that it isn't the DVLA that screwed up and that the DVLA was given the information that the car had a figure of 180gm/km and based on that information the tax band is correct. Does the V5 show 180gm/km ? If it does then the tax band is correct as far as they are concerned.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Good luck getting dvla to change ANYTHING :)

I doubt they will even listen to you after its been registered for so long we had a brand new taxi with the wrong reg on some paperwork and it took endless calls to get it sorted in the end the only way they could do it was cancel the reg on it and register it freshly with a new one !!

As storeman says if the v5 states 180g/km or whatever then that's what it is as far as they are concerned

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent a letter requesting it is adjusted I will keep you in the loop, call to Peugeot or checking the chassis number will confirm the model etc so it should be straightforward. I suspect from the factory it has been under the incorrect rating. Pain in the ass hope they don't ask me to take it to DVLA in Exeter to have the chassis no confirmed etc as its a 2 second check and they charge about £60 for the pleasure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts