Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi got a 2003 dti vectra 2.0 , and since iv owned it , its been using alot of diesel , when i got it i changed filters and oil but still same , theres no fault codes and seems to run ok , any ideas thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
hi got a 2003 dti vectra 2.0 , and since iv owned it , its been using alot of diesel , when i got it i changed filters and oil but still same , theres no fault codes and seems to run ok , any ideas thanks

when you say using a lot ? how many miles are you getting per mpg and are you pottering around town etc

also how many miles does it have

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi its working out that i put £10 of diesel in and only getting between 45 - 50 miles but it is some town and long runs it has 147700 miles on clock smokes when first started in mornings and got code p0380 on it thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
hi its working out that i put £10 of diesel in and only getting between 45 - 50 miles but it is some town and long runs it has 147700 miles on clock smokes when first started in mornings and got code p0380 on it thanks
to be honest that isnt bad you know mpg :thumb:

as for the code the code P0380 IS GLOW PLUGS BUT if you use the correcct software opcom/tech 2 it will tell you a number

for example P0380-01 GLOW DEVICE HIGH CIRCUIT VOLTAGE

but normally it the glow plug relay the big box attached to the battery housing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thanks the actual code was p0380- ob refer to owners manual , but every one keeps telling me that mpg is crap as acouple of weeks ago i put £20 in and only done about 90 miles is there any gadget i could buy to actual tell me what mpg actually is as my car does not trip computer thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Best way to establish mpg is to work out the average over 3 tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have you had the egr valve checked? That can cause poor fuel use. Just a thought

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ref last reply , it had new egr valve not so long ago and i have srviced it again and cleaned egr and inlet manifold but same

1 - 12 of 12 Posts