Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate of mine has a 2000 astra 1.6 petrol. He had the starter changed the other day but car is now giving problems.

It started up without the key, it will start by just rocking the car. Steering lock engaged while he was driving and only way car will turn off was to stall it. Brake lights are on and no key is in car.

Havent seen the car yet so can only go on what I was told over the phone.]

Seems very strange to me, is it something to do with this starter that was just fitted...:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
id say pull the batt for 20mins vauxhalls can be gits over power, did they take the batt off when they changed the starter ? all of it sounds like the car has had a electrical fault

like most cars when they have been hotwired the break lights stay on

did the steering lock engaged or did the eps stop working ?

i have a vauxhall meriva that used to do strange stuff to it died on me and a new ecu fixed it

i hope some of this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had astras where the rear of the barrel breaks off the small bit that fits into the igntion switch maybe if it stuck it caused the first starter to fail ? i would be looking round the igntion switch on this one i think

·
Registered
64 Posts
theres a bat + touching an ignition live , first of all i would try disconecting the brake light switch then try round the rear lights if the problem is still there , if you were closer to me i would have come had a look at this ,,

Your looking for a black touching a red some place :nod: had this problem before on an astra , good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
258 Posts
had similar problems with an astra g. brake light bulb was the cause. changed the bulb and no more probs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts