Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 308 Cat S rebuild is now nearly done, will have to chuck some pics up when i get a chance! :) here's some stuff i need a bit of advice on

1. Keys, can we still buy blanks and get an ID46 chip and code with diagbox with these newer models? (its a 2017) and can we still order that card from peugeot with transponder code on?

2. Windows, my old 307 if you held the lock button for a second the windows would close themselves and you could walk away, on this 308 i have to stand there and hold the button until the windows are up, if i let go they stop! any way to get it as the old car used to work (is it called total closure?)

3. Radio defaults to DAB each time, any way to force it onto bluetooth as default (i've updated to the latest firmware, its a SMEG+)

4. alarm, how the buggery can i lock it WITHOUT arming the alarm, it seems to always self set after 30 seconds!?

I think thats all i'm stuck on now, cant wait to finally put it on the road!

I'll come to the diagbox questions another time, i'm way behind on that stuff!

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
978 Posts
2. Windows, my old 307 if you held the lock button for a second the windows would close themselves and you could walk away, on this 308 i have to stand there and hold the button until the windows are up, if i let go they stop! any way to get it as the old car used to work (is it called total closure?)
It might be something to do with the trim level. Our 308 Active does exactly as yours does whereas my C5 X7 Exclusive has the one-touch closing that you want. Maybe someone with a higher spec car can confirm or otherwise this? If so then it's possible that it's switchable using Diagbox.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now you mention it yeah i think i remember having to add this onto my 307 S with planet, it was 9 years ago though so the memory is a bit rusty!!

Have you tinkered with or added anything onto your active since you've had it? i'm keen to do a reversing camera (seen the thread about this one, looks hit/miss if it'll work!)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Have you tinkered with or added anything onto your active since you've had it?
When we first got the car I was appalled at how poor the ground clearance was. I fitted some auxiliary rear springs, which also helped with load carrying. I'm still looking for something to lift up the front a bit.

There was only one 12v socket so fitted another at the rear where blanking plug was. A dash cam and that's about it although I have a tow bar waiting to go on.

i'm keen to do a reversing camera (seen the thread about this one, looks hit/miss if it'll work!)
Yes, I'd like that as well. And front sensors please. I believe that it's quite involved as you need a load of extra wiring and you have to change the ECU.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was only one 12v socket so fitted another at the rear where blanking plug was. A dash cam and that's about it although I have a tow bar waiting to go on.

Yes, I'd like that as well. And front sensors please. I believe that it's quite involved as you need a load of extra wiring and you have to change the ECU.
Another 12v socket is a great idea, i'll look into that for the dashcam!

If i ever start the reversing camera project i'll document it all here :thumb:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
On mine you also have to hold the lock button until the windows have closed, When I asked here, I was told it changed for safety reasons.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On mine you also have to hold the lock button until the windows have closed, When I asked here, I was told it changed for safety reasons.
Ahh i hope they still left in an option to switch, its only a small thing but it really bugs me! :lol:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
My radio always goes to the last thing selected.

I also had the reversing cam as standard so can't help with that or front sensors.

If you lock the car with the key in the door it doesn't set the alarm. I do that whenever i have to leave the dog in there.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you lock the car with the key in the door it doesn't set the alarm.
You can also lock the car with the remote without activating the volumetric sensor by using this procedure.

On our RHD car the button is above the driver's right knee in the middle of the left group of switches.

Having said that it's probably quicker to lock the car manually!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes I thought there was another way, never got round to reading it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts