Peugeot Forums banner

Variable valve lift not working

66K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  stuartbond07 
#1 ·
Hi
I have had my 2007 peugeot 207 14 16v VTi petrol code read and the results are all to do with the variable valve timing not working.
P1067 - variable valve lift relay malfunction
P1015 - Variable valve lift position sensor,relay,motor, camshaft position (CMP) actuator, ECM
can anyone point me in the right direction how to locate and what test procedure should be adopted as I am not familiar with this car.

where is the relay as I feel this is where to start?

#2 ·
Assuming!! (and that is a big assumption) the cam alignment is okay and the only way is to check it be using a cam alignment kit available on ebay and also does Mini's. You need to check to see if the VVT motor is jammed together with the lift shaft. Remove the cam cover and then the motor and turn the ignition on to see if the motor works. Was has happened in the passed is that the motor has turned the lift shaft too much and jammed against the end cog of the shaft which is usually caused by main camshaft miss-alignment .

#8 ·
variable valve lift issues

hi guys
I have replaced the motor and no it does not turn the shaft when the ignition is turned on. Also I have removed both solenoids cleaned them and swapped them over. there was a little dirt on the filters but not metal swarf.
I am assuming the oval type plug is the power output from the relay to the motor as they are both grey and white wires and have 12 volts with ignition turned on.
I also flashed the motor over a battery whilst off and it turns
Also the shaft moved freely with the motor out.
and just to top it all it doesnt start now
any more ideas

G
#9 ·
Removing and putting 12v to that motor is not how its checked. Also it needs to be set up correctly via the allen key at the back of it with parameter measurements in diagbox. A simple actuator test would have told you if it was working or not.

Sent from my GT-S5690

#12 ·
variable valve lift issues

MadV your assumption is right I do not have pp2000 or diagbox.
I am starting to feel that without this i am shooting in the dark. Would it make things easier if I purchase it. if so please advise me on what to buy as when I trawl ebay its a little confusing with all the versions etc. at the moment I only have an elm327 OBD2 reader that hooks to a laptop.
I will take some pics and post as you requested.

#16 ·
variable valve lift not working

Exactly where is the relay
I have checked what I assumed was the relay which was the oval plug with 1 white and 1 grey wire in the fuse box but being completley new to this car i have no idea where its supposed to be.
how do I identify it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.