·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone
Gone into battle recently with neglected 207
got diagbox up and running and programmed 2 keys
car now starts (still got error codes). Replacing brittle old cam cover gasket
as oil is leaking badly around brake vacuum pump area. Vanos solenoids kneed cleaning/replacing could anyone direct me to the correct ones (best price/cheapest)
for the car its got the 1.6vvt 88kW petrol engine and its a 2008 207cc.
Thanks for help
Micky

·
Administrator
2,763 Posts
Hi Micky,

Clearly you need specific help with your 207, so not sure why you've posted in this General Discussion sub forum, but recommend you post this in the 207 sub forum where fellow 207 members may be able to help.

Can I remind members, if you have a specific issue which you need help/advice with, it's best you post it in the relevant model forum where other members with the same model may be of help.

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to remove both solenoids to check them ( Oh Dear )
After cleaning and refitting them car started first time :)
I now have 2 error codes instead of 6. Poor old thing must have been running in open loop all the time. Must have had the fuel economy of a V8 Range Rover with a leaking fuel tank.
Here is the part number on my solenoids
V 7566652 80-02 if this helps anyone looking to replace theirs

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
you may have problems with the exhaust one as i found they start to stick when looking like that, just got cheap ones on our car but genuine peugeot or bmw part best.

·
6,264 Posts
Check the chain and tensioner as there is a fair bit of debris on the filter screens.

Can't remember 100% but i think the ones on my daughters car were Bosch units so i searched based on the Bosch number and found a replacement for a lot less than BMW/PSA is was listed for some totally unrelated car but part numbers matched and it fitted fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you very much for the replies.
A little update the 2 error codes both point to exhaust camshaft dephasing faults.
P0014
P11A8
As stripe88 and windy1603 suggested, solenoid could still be sticking or timing chain vvt problems at worst
Im going to build up the courage and drain the oil over the weekend then remove the cam cover, might use some engine flush and warm engine up first? The oil leak problem is shown in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
use liquid gasket as well as a new rubber gasket as the cover can be a bad fit.
When the cover is off you can check the cam timing and i would also be be checking the tensioner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts