Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

In Peugeot Service Box i have an option to select between VAN/CAN or T5 full CAN, but what exactly does it mean and how to differ what my 307 is?

Thanks,
Filip

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had a 55 plate which was the facelift/restyle version on full can
my 04 is the pre facelift on VAN/CAN

maybe the 05 pre facelift models were T5 full Can or It could be that the T5 full Can option was only available to certain markets. I've noticed that the body styles to choose from can change depending on the country selection.

If the car is 2005 with the pre facelift body then it's possible it may be the T5 full CAN option

·
Registered
687 Posts
It would be normal to be like that, but how to check?
Take the headunit out and have a look. Full CAN should have a Fakra quad lock plug. VAN should have 2 ISO plugs unless the headunit is an original RT3 navigation unit in which case this would also have a Fakra plug........at least that's my understanding from spending over a year trying to get a stalk adaptor to work and trying different options when replacing an RT3 unit:nod:

Another way would be to look at the Central dark display and see what plugs it has, but from memory I can't tell you the difference without seeing them:nono:

Other than that, it would be the dealers or trying to find a CAN reader and look for different outputs

·
5,630 Posts
go to service box on line enter VIN and then check controls under steering wheel and it will say for your vehicle correct COMM unit and state VAN or CAN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no such thing on VIN listing... BSI COMM 2003 is the only info... about comm unit, no can/van tag....
MULTIPLEXING: MULTIPLEXING ASSEMBLY CAN CAN
Is the only place where can is mentioned, words van or t5 ion't exist on page. But i'm not sure that it is it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts