Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I wounded if any of you can help with this. I fitted a pioneer navi unit in the car but couldn't get the steering wheel stalk to work. I relented and took it to the dealer for them to have a look at it. They spent several hours playing and talking to Pioneer and Peugeot and then concluded that because I had an RD3 (navi unit and monochrome display) that I had the wrong loom to allow for the stalk to work with the new unit. They also suggested the BSI unit could need changing as well as the display as in my car, the BSI talks to the original Navi unit for the controls and the stalk, the navi unit then talks to the display as opposed to the BSI talking to the display etc.......or at least that was what I understood in the conversation in Flemish that I had!!:confused:

If this central loom is changed to one that is compatible, would the others need changing? Are the fittings on the BSI fairly standard? I know these have to be programmed for the car. Would the dash have to come out for the loom to be fitted? Is there anything else that could be needed?

In a few weeks time, I won't mind if the car is off the road for a while. I also realise that this could be a bit of money, but as I'm treating this as a bit of hobby car I don't mind so much and it would be good to have the display showing the fuel used, time etc and the stalk functioning.

Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might start this post with the year of your vehicle and a model of the aftermarket unit.

Gents,

I wounded if any of you can help with this. I fitted a pioneer navi unit in the car but couldn't get the steering wheel stalk to work. I relented and took it to the dealer for them to have a look at it. They spent several hours playing and talking to Pioneer and Peugeot and then concluded that because I had an RD3 (navi unit and monochrome display) that I had the wrong loom to allow for the stalk to work with the new unit. They also suggested the BSI unit could need changing as well as the display as in my car, the BSI talks to the original Navi unit for the controls and the stalk, the navi unit then talks to the display as opposed to the BSI talking to the display etc.......or at least that was what I understood in the conversation in Flemish that I had!!:confused:

If this central loom is changed to one that is compatible, would the others need changing? Are the fittings on the BSI fairly standard? I know these have to be programmed for the car. Would the dash have to come out for the loom to be fitted? Is there anything else that could be needed?

In a few weeks time, I won't mind if the car is off the road for a while. I also realise that this could be a bit of money, but as I'm treating this as a bit of hobby car I don't mind so much and it would be good to have the display showing the fuel used, time etc and the stalk functioning.

Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, its a 2003 build 307 SW, 1.6L petrol with an old OEM navi system, I am trying to get an Pioneer AVIC-950DAB to work with the stalk

You might start this post with the year of your vehicle and a model of the aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
From the information I have found on this unit, it is only compatible with Hard Wired steering remotes. I think the steering remote on these cars is through the VAN BUS not hard wired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts