Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening guys im trying to find a valve spring compression tool to fit a peugeot 307 1.6 16v estate , have taken head off and valve springs are recessed in the head . Not looking to spend a fortune if i can help it any ideas
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok managed to get valves out , got 8 bent exhaust and 4 bent inlet valves do i need to change valve stem seals as well or will old one be ok ?

·
5,884 Posts
You normally get seals in the headset so while valves are out it's worth doing

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i made a tool in the end works quite well removing and reinstalling , will i need to lap the new ones in, have read arguments for and against

·
5,884 Posts
Depends on the condition of the valve seats if they are bad you are better off getting them recut, other than that i would lap them with fine paste just to be sure they are correctly seating

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
This is why most people just buy a good used head as the springs are so recessed you need a long compressor to refit them i have done a couple but i dont bother now a used head is quicker easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did look at a second hand head, but to be honest iv always wanted to do the valves on head just to see how everything come apart probably regret it next week when i do it lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
while cleaning head in tank i noticed 10 thin washers at the bottom any idea what they are, i think they go at the bottom of valve springs but not sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cam.jpg

managed to get head and belts back on though forgot to put inside cambelt cover on ,so had to take everything back off to put it on lol . Just hoses and plugs and manafold to do now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts