Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a look at the two vacuum valves on my 807. They hang under the engine bay upper valence to the left as look at the engine bay.
With the engine at idle the left one doesn't seem to be sucking or blowing but you can feel air around the filter trumpet. The right hand one sucks hard. If I disconnect the plug to the left hand one it sucks as hard as the right hand one.
My question is.... is this normal? Is the left hand one leaking a vacuum when at idle? Don't have access to Pp2K as yet. Just thought I would ask the question. Car seems fine but it does sound like the turbo/vacuum system whistles when the throttle is released or pushed hard.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
One controls turbo vanes the other EGR, not sure which is which, they do fail. Maybe swop them and see if any change, make sure to wrap tape around the two pipes that serve one valve as it easy to get the plumbing confused...........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WYNB... I will do that. Might also collect one from the breakers as a test piece. Wife might be cheesed if I tinker over the bank holiday... will wait unti next week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers fella.... I appreciate there are a plethora of the blighters dotted around the engine bay. Just thought I would pose the question to other 807 owners to have a look at theirs and give a comparison

1 - 5 of 5 Posts