Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I think I have a vac leak to my egr solenoid. I'm going to do a search tomorrow but I'm just curious. How does low vacuum to the egr solenoid effect the turbo solenoid? Be interesting to know after all the work I've done on the car.
307 RHR Vnt

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Need some help guys. I've checked all the vacuum lines. Everything is leaking vacuum except the separate feed to turbo. Both dosers and egr and purge. For some reason the dosers and feed to the vac reservoir? Are worse. I know it must be in the 3 lines together running up towards the pump as I have checked the y piece and it's fine. Any ideas? I've checked where they clip in next to the hp pump and it looks fine. Only place I haven't checked is under these collars that hold the pipes together?

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have plugged the dosers and stuck the gauge on each feed individually. Both egr and purge and the dosers as well as the two that go into the reservoir. I realise that these systems connect but then how do I isolate each of the 3 pipes to the pump without cutting them? They don't look like they want to come off the pump inlet. Snapped my y piece trying that and replaced it.

Could I just get a part number and order the entire maze of vac lines? Is that doable or maybe replace it all with new lengths of lines?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I just replace it all with rubber hose but to be honest its nearly always the ends that are leaking where the plastic pipe changes to rubber this rubber bit cracks especially at the reservoir the reservoirs can crack too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Isolated all the solenoids and there is no vac leak. I don't know why I got low feed to the egr. Unless the reservoir is restricted. I've put the turbo solenoid pipes on the right way and it's worse now. All I have done is unblock the dpf and try another boost solenoid I got from a friend. So either the dpf is still a little clogged or I have 2 duff solenoids?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just swapped out the boost solenoid and it's a little better. Going to put a new one in tomorrow. And I tested the turbo feed at idle. Pulling 29inhg

It's either 2 lazy solenoids or bad wiring. Always feels like there's a delay between hitting the throttle and it starting to make boost. As soon as you lift off it sounds like an Sti with a dump valve. Just wish it ran like one

Ps: I keep getting high input on the solenoid circuit.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You mean an STI with a boy racer dump valve ALL subarus have dump valves as standard but they are proper recirculating ones not silly vent type ones :)

If you have good vac at turbo capsule then your problem is elsewhere as even if you had a leak 29inhg will have the capsule fully closed/open depending how you want to see it i say closed some say open !!

High input is something electrical this needs investigating

As for a delay this is pretty common on these its not a subaru as you say and even they dont boost instantly you dont get much below 2k revs on them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok this might fry your head because it's definitely fried mine. If I put the vac feeds to the solenoid back to front(Watergate in top of solenoid) it will eventually throw the boost code and run a bit hotter. I assume because it's effecting the egr operation. I don't understand why though if one inlet just feeds the other. If I put them in the right way it runs cooler and no matter how hard I try it won't throw a code.

It's bucking and surging as the turbo kicks in through the revs. When I unplug my maf it stops bucking and actually seems to run a tiny tiny bit better. But it doesn't not throw a code that the maf is unplugged.

I get maf voltage low and it is always paired with iat sensor voltage high? Does this point to an electrical problem?

PS: why do my egr solenoids vent the vacuum to atmosphere when I shut the car down but the turbo one always holds It?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
inlet air temp sensor is IN the maf.

The pipes on back to front should not make any difference unless the leak off part of the valve is open leaking off all the vac

It will surge if electrical signals are wrong as the ECU controls the boost the vacuum is only there to pull the capsule shut the ecu needs the right inputs to make the right outputs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I thought the iat was the green one in the front of the intake? Pretty sure my maf is just a maf and not both. Or do I have 2?

Ps: shouldn't they both say "unplugged" Or at the very least low voltage to Both? Maybe I should get planet back in to confirm instead of my portable Bluetooth obd2. Convenient though.

I have this but green. Next to my map.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Airflow meter measures airflow AND intake air temp the sensor you mention measures the difference AFTER the intercooler and the ecu looks at difference to decide on fueling as once compressed by the turbo the air is hotter even after going through the intercooler it sounds to me like you have a few issues and unless you fix them all its never going to go right.

live data will give you a good idea if airflow meter is working as the readings will be different if unplugged i always use live data as codes dont help much

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have the tools to run live data but I don't really know what to look for. I have the day off tomorrow so I can do some tests. Can you give me a list of what to check and what is relevant to the problem and I'll take videos of it all.

I'll also try and compare the iat to the ects when I start it up from ambient.

At this rate I could do with meeting up with a member who can check these things for me with the car running. It would be cheaper than all these new parts. Plus 12 months at 30 mpg lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so for the last few days I've been racking my brains trying to work out where that Brown plug next to where my fuel lines disappear under the car has gone to and it dawned on me. This must be the one for the pre cat egt sensor. I assumed it was plugged in because it was dangling but I guess it was just caught on the pressure converter bracket. It has been unplugged since I got the car but the old owner has had a tuning box at some point and I guess he forgot to plug it back in or where it goes? I also have a plug hanging by my accelerator pedal.

Also I'm a bit confused why my egr only gets like 9inhg when I found no leaks anywhere. Partially blocked inlets on reservoir maybe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts