Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. Got these pic, found a hose that’s unconnected ‘ by the oil filter ‘ where does it belong?
I just bought the 407 2.0 hdi and got power issues.
Renewed fuel and oil filters + oil, egr spray cleaned, renewed the throttle body housing as it was broken. Sensors on the Throttle body cleaned. This was a really messy engine - carbon and oil deposits everywhere. Going to dismantle the egr and cooler and check the turbo. But where does the vacuum hose belong? Ys Jesper “ dk “.

Attachments

·
6,247 Posts
If you look directly behind the pipe you can the nipple, by the water pipe that it goes on to

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If you have ANY vacuum pipe of this will cause your power issues the vacuum controls the boost indirectly so it must have good vacuum to EVERYTHING for engine to work properly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi again. Found 2 disconnected hoses and 1 rubber fitting that needed replacement. So I got my horses back. Thumps up.
Quick question - cleaned the EGR valve, it was not that dirty, but as I pulled the lever back and forth, I noticed that the actual valve is 0.5 - 1.0 mm open even after a good clean. The lever is spring activated and mine doesn’t close completely cause of spring fatique? Must the valve close 99.99% completely? I had to push the valve the last 0.5 to 1.0mm so it could close 99.99%
I have rough idle when the engine is warm, could this be the cause of rough idle?
Ys Jesper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts