1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Have a 207 1.4 vti. It's using the following;

-1.5 litres of oil in 500 miles
-max to min coolant in a matter of days

No other issues to report. Any ideas? Someone did suggest Pcv valve.

·
Registered
870 Posts
for the water use your nose, get engine hot, open bonnet, antifreeze has a distinct smell. header tank and rad most suspect.

·
6,448 Posts
Check the thermostat housing (gearbox end of engine) as well these often warp/crack and cause a coolant leak which can often be missed as it tucked down the side of the engine. Also worth removing undertray if fitted and parking the car over some paper/card of similar and looking for coolant and other stains on the paper to help locate the location of the leak.

Lastly not sure if the petrol engine has a oil cooler if it has these can also be a cause of a coolant leak (I had this on my DS)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again all,

Think the coolant is sorted for now. However i am getting through a litre of oil every 350 miles!

What would be your course of action for this? it's getting really annoying (and costly!)

Cheers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate. No blue smoke or excessive smoke. No obvious leak either. Someone mentioned the pcv valve membrane but not sure how I'd check this and don't want to just throw money at it without knowing.

I think you mentioned before you used an additive is that right? Can you recommend one that I could try as a potential 'cheap' fix? Ta

·
Registered
870 Posts
have used Wynns Hydraulic Valve Lifter, full bottle for a month then fresh oil/filter change with 1/4 bottle.
your oil will go black as it cleans, keep a eye on it.
carlube oil treatment also works slowly.

But not recomended by peugeot so your call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts