Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 3008 on Thursday. Absolutely thrilled with it! Very happy with my choice! Hoping for some advice from Visio 2 users. I went to see if the auto parking worked ok in parking bays yesterday but the thinking circle just kept flying around even though all bays were empty...wonderingly if that was my problem, that there weren't any cars to pull up next to?? Does it need an obstacle or should it just work by seeing the bay lines?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it probably thinks there was space big enough for you to park yourself :) as the manual states "To enter a parking space, the system does not identify spaces that are clearly smaller or larger than the vehicle"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I think it probably thinks there was space big enough for you to park yourself :) as the manual states "To enter a parking space, the system does not identify spaces that are clearly smaller or larger than the vehicle"
I wonder how they define 'clearly', 6cm 6inch 6 feet ??

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Don't understand that. I've seen videos of the 3008 auto parking in spaces far larger than the car itself. The system obviously needs two parked cars in order to judge whether a space is big enough, but as far as I know those cars can be parked quite a distance apart.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I went into a Costco car park when I first got mine, tried for half and hour trying to get it to park itself into a bay, what I found you have to be very close to the cars in the other bays when it finds one move slowly forwards a little, the message will change to put in reverse or something then you drive in no more than 5mph and it steers itself in, it might take a few manoeuvres to get it in straight. to be honest by the time I'd faffed about trying to auto park in a bay I could have parked myself and been in the store. Parallel parking though it does seem better at doing both entering and leaving a space. Maybe bay auto parking takes more practice to find the knack.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried as well in an empty car park and it obviously needs other cars parked. Tried it again yesterday and when it finds a spot next to 2 parked cars you have to move forward slightly until it tells you to reverse. Once it told me to start reversing it worked a treat it told me to do one more forward move to get it straight and it worked well. Will have to practice more and other drivers think you are mad!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried as well in an empty car park and it obviously needs other cars parked. Tried it again yesterday and when it finds a spot next to 2 parked cars you have to move forward slightly until it tells you to reverse. Once it told me to start reversing it worked a treat it told me to do one more forward move to get it straight and it worked well. Will have to practice more and other drivers think you are mad!!
That's why I tried to choose somewhere quiet, to get used to it so I wasn't holding anyone up! So very British lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.