Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've just tried to plug my Samsung S8 into the car's usb port to play music. The phone vibrate and began to charge. However, I clicked on the source menu and the usb option wasn't highlighted so i couldn't select it

I've tried a search but it says I don't have permission to search...

Anybody else had this problem before?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably the USB mode on the Samsung. You get a prompt when you connect it to a PC. Same will be the case when you connect to a car.
I selected to use it as an external media source and tjat didn't work (the SMEG unit popped and restarted itself).
I think I'll be sticking with AUX.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Why not choose use as a USB drive option as it will then appear as a USB stick. Like it would do so on a PC. The SMEG unit is more like a PC. As somehow it can decode FLAC. I've not found FLAC openly advertised anywhere. So there must be some transcoding element somewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not choose use as a USB drive option as it will then appear as a USB stick. Like it would do so on a PC. The SMEG unit is more like a PC. As somehow it can decode FLAC. I've not found FLAC openly advertised anywhere. So there must be some transcoding element somewhere.
I'll have a look!
It didn't seem to work, but was charging the device which confused me.
I'll try over AUX and Bluetooth if not :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, 308 GTline 2017 - I have the same issue, when I had an iPhone and connected via the USB the iPod source came active and it showed pictures of the album playing etc.. now I have a Google pixel and connect via USB and it does nothing, it charges very slowly but the USB source doesn't appear?? I've tried all the settings on my phone, usb file transfer, tethering, midi, PTP and nothing? Anyone know why?? And can it not screen mirror??
Please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Samsung S8 Not Connecting via USB

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. My Samsung Galaxy s8 will not connect to the touch screen via USB, it will charge but USB source option does not become available for whatever reason. I use AUX for music no problem but I would like to use the USB for use with the Android Auto application.

Has anybody found a fix for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi i have same problem. Smeg is up to date . (iphone 7) I have tried different cables.

(it says there's no file.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with my Active Peugeot 2015 308. Bought it two days back and the USB charges very slowly and is not detected. I want it to be connected through usb to mirror my screen for android auto. Any one know here??

·
Registered
5 Posts
A phone probably has too many directories and different file formats, my android phone doesn't work either, but iphones do. Was the same in previous peugeots, iphone will connect via USB but android never has. Just use a regular usb drive formatted to (FAT32) in the hidden port to the bottom right of the steering wheel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts