Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting an adaptor for my 2003 307 1.6 Rapier as the FM transmitters are appalling!

I've been looking on ebay (where else?!) and come up with two options, firstly the Peugeot USB Box, though I'm unsure if it will work due to the hard to understand compatibility chart (I have VAN wiring, whatever that means!). Does anyone know if this will indeed fit to an RD3 head unit? Will I get full compatibility ie. will I be able to browse what's on my ipod?

The second option is an aftermarket interface adapter that fits into the CD changer input. I understand that this will let me change tracks using the stalk but will only show 'Track 01, CD 1' on the display.

Any advice would be welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mp3 for VAN equipped Peugeots

The "New Genuine Peugeot USB BOX" advertised on ebay (also available from thepeugeotshop.co.uk) is part no. 9702EZ - it will fit only CAN vehicles. Like the third party units, it plugs into the CD changer port. If you look at the chart, the device for VAN vehicles is the VAR853 but I have not yet seen this advertised.

The third party adapters will do the job but none of them will display the filenames or ID3 tag details - nor will the 9702EZ with an RD3 (blurb suggests it *will* show filenames with an RD4).

·
Registered
1 Posts
My experience is with a 207 fitted with the RT4 satnav unit. NB this is a full CAN equiped car. It appears that the usefulness of the USB box to be used with iPods is extrememly limited. No real track info is used, with all tracks being forced into 5 or 6 CDs worth. With each CD only holding about 99 tracks, most iPod users will find this unueable with RT4 units.

The info. from Peugeot is a bit misleading, in that is suggests compatibility with RT4 but, in practice it doesn't seem worth it. Given that nearly everyone has an iPod, I would have thought that making this unit a bit more integrated and user-freindly would have been a good marketing point.

In fairness, I have a query to Peugeot through my dealer, so I may have missed something. - Perhaps it is something in development?

I know this answer is a bit off topic but I thought other users may like to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PeteG said:
My experience is with a 207 fitted with the RT4 satnav unit. NB this is a full CAN equiped car. It appears that the usefulness of the USB box to be used with iPods is extrememly limited. No real track info is used, with all tracks being forced into 5 or 6 CDs worth. With each CD only holding about 99 tracks, most iPod users will find this unueable with RT4 units.

The info. from Peugeot is a bit misleading, in that is suggests compatibility with RT4 but, in practice it doesn't seem worth it. Given that nearly everyone has an iPod, I would have thought that making this unit a bit more integrated and user-freindly would have been a good marketing point.

In fairness, I have a query to Peugeot through my dealer, so I may have missed something. - Perhaps it is something in development?

I know this answer is a bit off topic but I thought other users may like to know.
Hi,

Would you know if the box will work on my 1007 (2005, 05 Plate)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts