Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking that but not sure if the infotainment centre can deal with signals from different sources at the same time. What’s wrong with putting your music on the iPhone?
I also doubt splitter will work. only issue with iphone option is my iPhone internal memory is full and streaming will not always work (where mobile signal is week)

· Registered
683 Posts
China version 0f the car has a USB in the back instead of the 12v we have, quite why Peugeot didn't think we would like to have one is anybody's guess.

You have got 2 in the front with the use of a USB adapter you plug into the 12v Get a double one then 2 things charging, make sure its a decent one that can give 2.1 amp to both sides 4.2 total

· Registered
620 Posts
Not tried a splitter but from the USB:
a) Apply CarPlay
b) USB stick with music and even video will play on the centre console

I assume as USB is a standard, that a USB splitter will work as long as the power is not drawing too much power form the socket.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I may be wrong but if the car had two USB ports, I am almost certain the infotainment centre would have a switching facility between the two sources and it would probably not be possible to have them running at the same time.
As I understand it, this is not what jagath2005uk wants to achieve.
In the same way, if a splitter is used, the infotainment centre would have no way of deciding which source to run and would probably chose either-or.
The failing in all this for jagath2005uk is the iPhones inability to accept additional storage for things like music files like the Android phones.
The alternative of course is Spotify but as this requires a subscription and a good mobile data allowance it might be out of the question for many people.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may be wrong but if the car had two USB ports, I am almost certain the infotainment centre would have a switching facility between the two sources and it would probably not be possible to have them running at the same time.
As I understand it, this is not what jagath2005uk wants to achieve.
In the same way, if a splitter is used, the infotainment centre would have no way of deciding which source to run and would probably chose either-or.
The failing in all this for jagath2005uk is the iPhones inability to accept additional storage for things like music files like the Android phones.
The alternative of course is Spotify but as this requires a subscription and a good mobile data allowance it might be out of the question for many people.
I think you'r correct. Even the splitter work, the infotainment center may not identify as two devices.

Not tried a splitter but from the USB:
a) Apply CarPlay
b) USB stick with music and even video will play on the centre console

I assume as USB is a standard, that a USB splitter will work as long as the power is not drawing too much power form the socket.
Is there any other types of ports or memory card slot? And also, is there anyway to add navigation system other than the one comes with the vehicle? (not Carplay or Android Auto)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.