Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My allure has not fabric type cockpit and door panels and no ambient lighting at all!!! Only cupholders, shall i reject it or something changed??

·
2,769 Posts
Hi....it has been mentioned on here some of the spec had changed on the 3008....is it a reason for rejection....pehaps....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goodmorning to everyone! I hope you are all doing well and I'm wishing you and your families to stay safe! :)Regarding the car, i got a few pictures to describe, the only thing missing for me might be the blue light on the doors (only over the wireless charger blue light exists), but when i drive at night its so outstanding inside that i forget about it :) regarding the carbon fiber instead of fabric its really cool, looks exactly like the new 2008 they showed to me (allure/gt line) in the showroom, but those ones have the blue light on the doors They told me my 5008 Allure was manufactured end of October 2019, so all info they told me is true or it's a cheat, i don't really know! But it's a great car. If someone can tell the manufacture date of my car with my VIN, pls let me know. Take care, and remember to STAY home to STAY safe!! (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Chris,

My car appears to have been manufactured around December 2019. I figured that out by having a look under the bonnet - some components have the manufacturing date on a paper tag/sticker attached to the component. Its not by any means a scientific guide but its safe to say that the component is unlikely to have a manufacturing date much later than the car itself.

My VIN ends in the 6600 number range.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The sticker in the base of B pillar,.driver's side, the one with the tire pressures, also has the manufacturing date. It's a 5-digit number followed by 89 (Sochaux) or CJ (Rennes-Janais), the factory plants of 3008 and 5008. That number is the days since 8 November 1976.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! It seems to be 1568889, am i correct? And how is that converted? Because an online app converts to April something ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, that's what the dealer also told me, because an online site gave me April 2019 and that would hurt my stomach again coz i placed the order end of August :) thanks a lot for the info, so no more investigation for this car, it's a great car and i love it! I hope you are all doing well and stay safe from this virus (y)

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's really interesting - thanks Rui. Mine was built on 6th January 2020 in Rennes-Janais and was already in Ireland when I bought it. I was wondering how long it'd been around.

Mine has the original trim though - I wonder what makes the OP's car spec different?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yours is an Allure?? I'm glad you got yours with correct spec, i guess in Cyprus they are better cheaters :D i didn't believe them for a second, but i couldn't wait more, they also told me every new allure would be the same, but carbon effect really looks great, just led light missing.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guess every market is a little different. Irish Allures have a different spec to UK ones (no Peugeot SOS and no 3D navigation for instance). It looks like UK Allures don't get the tray tables or charging plate, at least going by the website and Cyprus is probably different again. In Ireland, I think that spec is dictated by the spec of the closest competitor and local taxation peculiarities. I'd be very happy with the carbon dash - my wife has it on her 2008 and I find it really smartens up the interior. Hope you continue to enjoy it - they're a great car and the auto is a smart choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its indeed very interesting to follow the different spec differences per country. I'm awaiting delivery of mine in the Philippines ... Assembled in the Peugeot Malaysia plant ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts